• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Goodbye MP40!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonuses to suppression inflicted and suppression resisted to those around them, the ability to loadout with enemy kits.

pokerface.jpg

How is that a reward?

Enemy weapons? Who cares, just pick one up...
Suppression Resistance? who cares, its not like suppression actually does anything...

It would have been much better if only heroes got to use the inane unlocks

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight, people complained about the day one unlocks not working and now you're complaining that they're working as they should be?

... /sigh

Definitely not. As a long time player of RO1, I really enjoy the unlock system. The problem here though, is that if common smg classes, commanders, sl, can use these uncommon weapons, I feel like you won't see any weapon diversity; just lots of Mkb42s, no more mp40s or semi auto rifles and so on. The weapon has advantages over the mp40 and even if it's not as good in close quarters, everyone is still going to use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha, everyone's running around with the AVT and MK42. The fact that people have paid for these day one unlocks (including myself, although mainly for the beta) means you can't just now make them only for high ranks. Now the only solution is to heavily limit the amount of Assault and Squad Leaders. But yeah, any semblance of historical realism is now pretty much out of the window.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.