Goodbye MP40!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesgad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2011
Germany
I just want to say goodbye to the mp40, now that everyone and their mothers can use the MKB 42.

I thought this was supposed to be a hard to get veteran weapon? And from a realism stand point. Wasn't this weapon an experimental weapon?

is it really usable by everyone oO

Derpus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2011
Hmm, I was really hoping they'd make it only available to hero units. If regular smg assault can use it right now, hopefully they rescind that.

Chett

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2011
im not a rivet counter but it is sort of crazed how it seems like everyone in the servers ive been in thus far is using a sturmgewehr

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
It's a day 1 unlock, which are working now. And since many people are DDE buyers....I'm sure that's what he's extending to mean "everyone."

tomme25

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Sweden
www.youtube.com
Okay, only the deluxe buyers so far. I give you that. But so many damn classes can use it!

I thought this weapon only was for the heroes.

Why use a g41 or a mp40 now that you can have the beastly mkb 42...

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhh

luciferintears

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2011
All these bulls*** unlocks like the mkb42 and mp40/II, etc i'd be ok with if ONLY the hero's got to use it.

somewhat related question:

So since its established that everyone can use dumb stuff like mp40/II's and silenced revolvers, what exactly is the reward of achieving a hero status?

You just look different?

TheGoden

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
F*UCK YOU ZIPS
Hmm, I was really hoping they'd make it only available to hero units. If regular smg assault can use it right now, hopefully they rescind that.

If they add a hero class that would be 2 assault classes plus 2 hero classes

I would rather 2 assaults only please.

Also incoming the most overused gun in history of the game.

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
So since its established that everyone can use dumb stuff like mp40/II's and silenced revolvers, what exactly is the reward of achieving a hero status?

Bonuses to suppression inflicted and suppression resisted to those around them, the ability to loadout with enemy kits.

M55ikael

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2011
Okay, only the deluxe buyers so far. I give you that. But so many damn classes can use it!

I thought this weapon only was for the heroes.

Why use a g41 or a mp40 now that you can have the beastly mkb 42...

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhh

Exactly what classes can use it? I would have preferred only heroes or at least only Elite riflemen.

ander75it

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 1, 2009
Personally, I'd still take a PPSh over an assault rifle for room clearing. For medium distance... I guess I will take the MKB42. But keep in mind not every role can use it, so it's not like you will be surrounded by assault rifles... Bolt actions will still be the majority.

luciferintears

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2011
Bonuses to suppression inflicted and suppression resisted to those around them, the ability to loadout with enemy kits.

pokerface.jpg

How is that a reward?

Enemy weapons? Who cares, just pick one up...
Suppression Resistance? who cares, its not like suppression actually does anything...

It would have been much better if only heroes got to use the inane unlocks

Derpus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2011
So let me get this straight, people complained about the day one unlocks not working and now you're complaining that they're working as they should be?

... /sigh

Definitely not. As a long time player of RO1, I really enjoy the unlock system. The problem here though, is that if common smg classes, commanders, sl, can use these uncommon weapons, I feel like you won't see any weapon diversity; just lots of Mkb42s, no more mp40s or semi auto rifles and so on. The weapon has advantages over the mp40 and even if it's not as good in close quarters, everyone is still going to use it.

Last edited:

tomme25

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Sweden
www.youtube.com
I'm not complaining that it isn't working. It's good that they fixed it. I just thought these weapons would be HERO weapons.

Right now. Assault can use it, squad leaders and the commanders.

So, once again, bye bye Mp40!
I have a hard time seeing anyone using that gun again, when you have the superior mkb 42.

Steezy_Six

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Haha, everyone's running around with the AVT and MK42. The fact that people have paid for these day one unlocks (including myself, although mainly for the beta) means you can't just now make them only for high ranks. Now the only solution is to heavily limit the amount of Assault and Squad Leaders. But yeah, any semblance of historical realism is now pretty much out of the window.

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
I'm not complaining that it isn't working. It's good that they fixed it. I just thought these weapons would be HERO weapons.

i was under the same impression..yet me and a clanmate could CHOOSE the weapon but did spawn with mp40s regardless.

wich is good...MKB

Jammybee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
I love(d) RO2, but this is taking the piss. Two fantasy weapons (and surprise the German one is vastly superior) When can I expect my prototype AK47?

Status
Not open for further replies.