• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good Morning Vietnam Fans!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    (Sorry I had to get that out of my system)

Today we want to give you a look at one of the core game mechanics we have been talking about as well as introduce you to another one. As always keep in mind these are works in progress and subject to change as we iterate with the systems and find out more about what works and what doesn

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
    I'm so glad to see the return of detachable and attachable bayonets, and the wavy aiming making a comeback is absolutely fantastic as well, this should totally motivate crouch running rambos to think twice before trying to take on multiples enemies at once.

"Right now there is a major focus on UI and Menu work heavily underway."

In RO2/RS, I always set my Tactical Interface key to ALT so I can constantly see my character's status.

There's one thing that I look at constantly when I'm playing a round, and that is the stamina meter, how much ammo I have and the mini map.

Please consider making the HUD/UI more akin to Ostfront where the stamina meter and soldier figure are both combined and always present on the screen. If users don't like it, they should have the option to scale down or up the HUD/UI so it wouldn't obstruct the player's view.

Here's the HUD/UI that I would like to see Vietnam be like, just replace the compass with the mini-map in RO2/RS.

Spoiler!

Reason why the HUD is so small is because they have the scaling option where the user can adjust the hud to make it fit properly on their screen. :)

Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0