• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Golden Weapons and Dwarf Axe

Despite having the exact same issue last DLC, looks like mac users are suffering the same problem with the new batch. To be honest I didn't even want golden weapons very much, I was just buying them to support Tripwire so they can continue to support Killing Floor. But once again mac users get the short end of the stick. We also cant access the dwaf axe since Dwarfs!? is a PC exclusive. The robot character might work, couldnt even be bothered to check at this point. Lovely.

I'm also pretty disappointed that TW has basically added a Windows-only component to a SteamPlay game. I'm not sure if it's possible for Mac users to just buy Dwarfs!? and unlock the axe that way, but even if that's the case, it's silly. Windows users get the axe for free, while Mac users either don't get it at all or have to pay $10 for it. Plus, it would still be impossible to get the achievement that requires you to play Dwarfs!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 to this. As a mac user this saddens me, and makes me not want to purchase the golden weapons. If I'm going for cosmetic completion for this game (which I love and host some servers for) then it seems very incomplete if I can permanently not get a usable weapon in the game. If only it was more of a reason to attempt VMware or windows running otherwise on my computer. I hope that they fix this, or eventually make it able to be unlocked to everyone (including Linux, recently added to steam) but I have my doubts.

Upvote 0