• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Golden Katana [Skin]

rickyhorror

Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2010
As the title says, just a Golden Katana.

Installation instructions are in the "read me" file.

Download HERE

r7mzyo.jpg

14ybvjr.jpg

28rmp94.jpg

14jtfs7.jpg

htb3t4.jpg

Did you just stuff the whole texture archive AND the whole texture archive with your edited texture that is just the weapon colored yellow into a zipped archive and made people download all the 58 mb while your changes are only kilobytes big?
That's so... inefficient.

You also might wanna mention that using skins won't let you join online games anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you just stuff the whole texture archive AND the whole texture archive with your edited texture that is just the weapon colored yellow into a zipped archive and made people download all the 58 mb while your changes are only kilobytes big?
That's so... inefficient.

You also might wanna mention that using skins won't let you join online games anymore.

no
it's the KF_Weapons2_Trip_T.utx for the katana
the KF_Weapons2_Trip_T.utx backup of the original
the images (which are small)
and a "read me" text file

Upvote 0
Exactly what I just said.

This is bad.
We need a mutator that switches textures instead of having to juggle files around.
There seems to be no other way unlike for player models that, for some reason, have files with paths to their textures so you can switch them back and forth without moving files.
Specimens and weapons simply lack those files it seems.

See, this is why I asked how to do it before.
Cause replacing .utx files gives version mismatches for online play.

Upvote 0
Exactly what I just said.

This is bad.
We need a mutator that switches textures instead of having to juggle files around.
There seems to be no other way unlike for player models that, for some reason, have files with paths to their textures so you can switch them back and forth without moving files.
Specimens and weapons simply lack those files it seems.

See, this is why I asked how to do it before.
Cause replacing .utx files gives version mismatches for online play.

i'm able to play online still with my skins :confused:

and i tried reading the tutorial for creating a basic mutator, like which you speak of, that can just make the weapon as such
but it was like reading a different language :(

but using the skin provided shouldn't cause any issues :confused: it hasn't for me at all

Upvote 0