Golden Katana [Skin]

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

rickyhorror

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2010
As the title says, just a Golden Katana.

Installation instructions are in the "read me" file.

Download HERE

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Did you just stuff the whole texture archive AND the whole texture archive with your edited texture that is just the weapon colored yellow into a zipped archive and made people download all the 58 mb while your changes are only kilobytes big?
That's so... inefficient.

You also might wanna mention that using skins won't let you join online games anymore.

Last edited:

rickyhorror

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2010
Did you just stuff the whole texture archive AND the whole texture archive with your edited texture that is just the weapon colored yellow into a zipped archive and made people download all the 58 mb while your changes are only kilobytes big?
That's so... inefficient.

You also might wanna mention that using skins won't let you join online games anymore.

no
it's the KF_Weapons2_Trip_T.utx for the katana
the KF_Weapons2_Trip_T.utx backup of the original
the images (which are small)
and a "read me" text file

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Exactly what I just said.

This is bad.
We need a mutator that switches textures instead of having to juggle files around.
There seems to be no other way unlike for player models that, for some reason, have files with paths to their textures so you can switch them back and forth without moving files.
Specimens and weapons simply lack those files it seems.

See, this is why I asked how to do it before.
Cause replacing .utx files gives version mismatches for online play.

rickyhorror

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2010
Exactly what I just said.

This is bad.
We need a mutator that switches textures instead of having to juggle files around.
There seems to be no other way unlike for player models that, for some reason, have files with paths to their textures so you can switch them back and forth without moving files.
Specimens and weapons simply lack those files it seems.

See, this is why I asked how to do it before.
Cause replacing .utx files gives version mismatches for online play.

i'm able to play online still with my skins :confused:

and i tried reading the tutorial for creating a basic mutator, like which you speak of, that can just make the weapon as such
but it was like reading a different language :(

but using the skin provided shouldn't cause any issues :confused: it hasn't for me at all

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
I've just tried joining an online game and I got a version mismatch for "KF_Weapons2_Trip_T.utx".
Are you hosting games or are you joining them?

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
With the golden katana texture pack installed?
I can only do solo games unless I revert to the standard textures.

Last edited:

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Okay... maybe somehow my killing floor is different from yours...?
Can anyone else use this online too?

No Glory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
In order to use the skins online, there are some instructions at the top of the supermassive skin thread. Maybe they'd help?

HaTeMe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
Doesnt look realistic at all tbh, you should at least take time and change the grip of the katana so its not all just... yellow (note yellow, not gold).

rickyhorror

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2010
Doesnt look realistic at all tbh, you should at least take time and change the grip of the katana so its not all just... yellow (note yellow, not gold).

this one was kind of made as a "joke"
never really meant to look that real
and someone asked for it :p