• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] GoG.com 2010 Holiday Sale

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Up to 50% dosh off their catalogue, grab it while it's hot lads. Lots of good games for a low price (even without the sale), so there's something for everybody.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas10/?source=newsletter

Share recommendations in this thread! :)

I'm recommending Jagged Alliance 2, Ghost Recon, Commandos 2, the Oddworld games, Duke 3D, Duke Manhattan Project and Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum. But there are lots more that are totally worth playing and buying.

Last edited:
Got Planescape: Torment and the original Rainbow Six. Again. Already have it on CD-Rom ofcourse, but some optimisations are always welcome.
But after trying, it seems that the crosshairs are still half-invisible to me :mad:

I was going to suggest that. Never played it myself but very curious as I have not heard a bad thing about it.

It run OK on Win 7?

Upvote 0
Psychonauts. A 3D-platformer, but also so much more. Every level has a distinct, unique theme, usually combined with a special gameplay mechanic. Design and voice acting make even minor characters memorable. It's funny, cheerful, cute, sad, and sometimes even creepy and disturbing.

Ran into a few technical issues myself, had a few CTDs and couldn't map two gamepad buttons until I used the XBCD driver. This shouldn't scare you away, the game is still absolutely worth it :)

Upvote 0
Ghost Recon still worth playing? I never played it back in the day cause I heard it was way inferior to OFP.

As far as recommendations, if you're crazy enough to not own or have never played Freespace 1 and 2 go and buy them both (2 is superior in every way but the first is FANTASTIC as well, and gives you the backstory). FS1 comes with its expansion too at GOG. Both for $5.99. You're paying $12 for two of the greatest games ever created. Definitely on my top 10 (maybe top 5) list for best games of all time. FS2 especially has had many graphical and other mods including user-made campaigns released for it and still looks beautiful even though it's a decade old.

The gameplay and story of both are unparalleled. Tie Fighter was great, but the FS series beats it hands down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ghost Recon still worth playing? I never played it back in the day cause I heard it was way inferior to OFP.

It is not at all inferior to OFP, it is just a lot smaller scale which is not necessarily a bad thing. Though maps are still pretty big.
It's a classic must-have for tactical gaming fans if you ask me, and there is more than enough to play with Desert Siege and Island Thunder if you get them too.
Maps are pretty big and goodlooking, and gameplay can be quite difficult because of the good opponent AI (which tends to get a bit too good in close range though), especially outdoors.
There are vehicles too, but you cant control them. There is a lot of attention to detail as well, for example the ground shakes when you are near a moving tank, and uniforms get visibly wet if you walk into water, though you cant swim.

My only grief is that enemy placement isnt random so replayability isnt as high as i would have liked, and the engine has some trouble with certain edges and stops you from walking over them, like the starting of a small ridge on a hill which you should be able to step over but you cant because the game stops you from doing that, but it is very minor.
Other than that, get it.

Upvote 0