• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Glock-18 (SWAT) - Shield should be moved to Block/Parry, rather than ADS

Considering we now have HRG machine gun with holographic shield that is both more effective at killing and protecting, any change to riot shield is welcome.
It really needs it, otherwise what was the point of spending money when the weapon in question performs worse than its free alternative?

Upvote 0
Considering we now have HRG machine gun with holographic shield that is both more effective at killing and protecting, any change to riot shield is welcome.
It really needs it, otherwise what was the point of spending money when the weapon in question performs worse than its free alternative?
Well... it's less expensive?

But that's the only thing redeeming the Riot Shield compared to the Bastion, yeah.

Upvote 0
Consider that the damage reduction being tied to ADS is part of the weapon's balancing factor.

It provides extra defense at the cost of SWAT's offensive power and mobility, which I presume was done because the G18 was given a pistol damage type, making it arguably more Zed-agnostic than the standard SMG.

The Bastion is just lowkey kinda broken so I don't have anything to say on that.

Upvote 0
Bump, please for the love of god, this. I am so, so sick of needing to constantly ADS to block any incoming damage. If you could reload and block simultaneously, that would be utterly amazing (like the Bastion), but that'd be a miracle. I do like being able to switch to semi and full auto, but I would gladly take being able to hipfire (or even reload!) and block at the same time over swapping firemodes.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
I tried the Riot Shield again recently, after months of neglect. And I fully back up my previous statement and more. Blocking as you ADS is totally unreliable. And it's not even a fair tradeoff considering the weapon is nothing to brag about either... You empty your mags super fast and scoring headshots to make up for it is complicated.

A proper tweaking is definitely in order.