• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Global Stats Reset

Global Stats Reset

• Yes

Votes: 718 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 235 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And BTW, there certainly WAS stats reset after beta. I had my beta G41 up several levels during beta. After the release version installed, all my stats were at 0, including the G41, which I just topped 50 kills with today. I had tons of kills with the AT rifles, bolties, sniper rifles ... all reset.
It's called a beta game account. You never get to carry your stats over from a beta release.

Just because a few people's stats may have somehow made it past the reset, everyone should be penalized? Is it not possible there's a problem with some peoples' log files, perhaps even some people may have managed to manipulate them?
Chances are excellent you haven't even earned the things you have. It's true for virtually everyone else. For all you know, if things were working fine, you wouldn't have any unlocks other than what's guaranteed to you by your preorder.

Upvote 0
It's called a beta game account. You never get to carry your stats over from a beta release.

Well, fine, the point is that the DDE beta players didn't carry their stats over.

Chances are excellent you haven't even earned the things you have. It's true for virtually everyone else. For all you know, if things were working fine, you wouldn't have any unlocks other than what's guaranteed to you by your preorder.

Chances are also excellent that you are a know-it-all. I track my stats before and after every session to ensure they're logging properly. And I DON'T have any unlocks other than the preorder goodies -- I am FAR from unlocking a bayonet, thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Woooh ****ing hells bells ive just gone from level 6 to level 41, my kills on weapons have also gone bloody nuts.. After 2 games i went from 100 something kills to 900 :eek:

Im also seeing alot of other players with bizzare levels like 60+

I rekon this is gonna get alot worse and soon loads of players will be maxed out with stupid Kills like 8000000 and level 9000

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, you shouldn't punish one group because the other is unable to do something.

That would be like stopping a P.E. Class for everyone when one person becomes too tired to continue. He shouldn't stop the entire class for his shortcomings.
Shortcomings? I went from lv. 14 to lv. 70 in one kill. I have practically all the unlocks because of this bug, as well as a ton of stat advantages. Do you still feel like my stats shouldn't be reset?

Upvote 0
I look at it like this, why should people get a choice to keep stats they haven't earned at the expence of those that have lost stats that they have earned.

A stat system needs to be fair (more so if it actully affects things ingame like this games stats do) and resetting all stats (when it gets fixed) is the only fair thing to do. Giving people a choice isn't a valid or fair option because people who perhaps have had a massive stat increase they didn't earn can choose to keep that increase.

On top of this, unless evey player has kept a count of all their kills themselfs there is no way to tell if their stats are bugged or not. As such, people who say "i want to keep my stats, they're working fine for me", ask yourself this, how exactly do i know the stats are working fine for me?., you simply don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking of putting that lol , but I just tried to keep this serious and brief.
Who doesnt care , really doesnt have to vote , yes?

Actually, in order for a poll to be truly accurate you do need to include more than just a yes or no answer, as a large number of respondents typically choose grey areas in a poll response. Thus having only black and white responses means the poll isn't necessarily indicative of the feeling of respondents, and subsequently your poll may become skewed. :p

Upvote 0