• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Global campaign.

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
Late 2014 to 2015 saw the rise of the campaign servers in North America and I'm pretty sure europe is dominated by campaign servers as well. Which means no combindd RO2+RS servers. People picking a smaller amount of maps based off tactical campaign needs rather than people wanting to play them for the sake of it.

So I was thinking. What about a global campaign map encompassing all theatres.

As a server operator I know you can stick Any map in a campaign maps selection. You can fill the stalingrad campaign map completely with RS maps if you so wish. Nothing stopping you. It will work. Or have it combined. The allies stay as allies when it swaps from an RO2 map to an RS map. No flaws there.

With Heroes of the West coming around the western front is also an option.

All it needs is a map drawn. Not the whole world. But sections of the world. Various different ways to design it.

I would also imagine such a mutator would be rather small. Easily something people can download from a redirect in a matter of seconds.

A global campaign map would allow people to play on a larger variety of maps while keeping the tactical aspect of the campaign in the gamemode that people enjoy.

You can mix up RO2 and RS maps in campaign. I did it once when campaign first came out. People lost the **** over it.

You need to pick either the RO2 or RS campaign map and simply put in the maps you want.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. But. We could also make a map for it so it looks good as well in the campaign screen. Instead of attacking some pacific island and finding yourself on bridges lol.

Upvote 0