• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give Zerk some love (tweak)

Support

Jun 5, 2018
Zerk has been too easy since the beta of the game, I think it's time the fun Berserker class gets a good update, crafted with love and challenge in mind. I know it's hard to balance melee characters in any shooting games but many good ideas have been given since the start of this game. KF2's melee mechanics are fantastic so let's not make it useless.

The game become very boring for a lot of players with 2 zerk and 1 medic in the team. Even 2 very bad players with a medic can carry a team in HoE. This has to be adressed, unless if it's intentional. Then a statement would be appreciated from you guys so we don't waste our time asking for a zerk nerf in late 2019.

We can withstand an incredibly high amount of damage without moving, that's problem number one (6 raged QP unpfront with 2 SC and 6 stalkers behind, full circle surrounded and still survive with that new weapon). That new weapon's damage and healing players while hitting and poisoning Zeds is also game breaking. I'm considering setting up a server with a macro which will auto kick Zerk over perk level 9 out of the server since i can't do anything else (eg tweaking the perk and or banning a weapon).

The Berserker should be forced to back off, It used to be the beauty of this perk in KF1's HoE games, making sharp decisions, requiring massive skill to make take downs, but rewarded as the best team carrier.

Is TWI still making tweaks as of now or is focused in releasing new content?

Come on guys you can do it!
Cheers guys!

The thing about Zerker is that he needs to be as powerful as he currently is since he has the inherent weakness of being a melee class in a game primarily focused on ranged combat. By the time the Berserker goes into his optimal range, someone else will have already gotten the kill. Making him any weaker would make Survivalist a better Berserker than the Berserker.

If anything, i'd actually argue that the Zerker is actually underpowered due since his only passive is Perk Weapon Damage. IMO, i think the best course of action would be to adjust his skillset to allow for more passives

Upvote 0