• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Give Us A Real Spectator Mode

1conu59

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Lille
gfa.xooit.fr
Hi,

I would like to talk about something that I think, is shared by all the RO2 Community, and I also take this opportunity to invite you guys if if you are not involved in the ladder yet to join the competition through the TWI Ladder Website.

There is a high demand for a real spectator mode with information and true first person view. RO2 is a fantastic game as great as famous competitive game like counter strike...

Because of its too simplistic nature, the current spectator mode does not allow to catch many of the most epic moments that play allows. :(

It's so sad that we don't have the possibility to share properly the greatness of this game, its realism, and the concentration, skills and team efforts required to handle it.

I feel bad about all the past, current and future awesome matches that end up 6 feet under ground.
:(:(:(

So please hurry up, the competition is alive now, and we need a real spectator mode to provide the players with the best streamed matches they've seen.
:)

Here is an example of an excellent spectator mod, that was made for another famous game :D (start at 3:40) :

Here's a quote from John Gibson who said in an interview
:
here’s more depth, there’s a bit more of a learning curve, but when you get that kill at long range with that bolt-action rifle, while the artillery’s flying around your head, and mortar shells are falling and guys are Banzai-charging you in the face, and your guy’s shaking, but you still kill him anyway. That’s an experience
I think we are a lot to think and feel the same,so please make a true spectator mode to share this incredible moment in this incredible game to the world ! ;)

Last edited:
OK so here is what it may looks like :

a39j.jpg

And here the link to the full size (you can see that every information are clear and dont disturb the field of view) : http://imageshack.us/a/img593/3623/5y4o.jpg

EDIT : I add few explanations

a7tb.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been playing a bit of America's Army: Proving Grounds lately and noticed something cool:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175019082

It has a real first-person spectate mode in UE3! I still desperately want this in RO2/RS.

Yeah it will be the cherry on the cake ! :p

Imagine Ro2 with this sort of camera mod, that could help it to be well-known on youtube !

By the way I just change the first video link by a video comment in english, personally I don't like play Counter Strike GO but this match is very intense !

Upvote 0
By the way I just change the first video link by a video comment in english, personally I don't like play Counter Strike GO but this match is very intense !

I see. That match is very recent because I see they are using the newly introduced weapon skins. I love what they have done in the latest update.

Yeah, CS:GO matches are always very intense, which is why I hope to help make the S&D mod more popular.

Upvote 0