• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Ghostbusters remake

Why can't Hollywood think up new film concepts anymore? What is the point of remaking a movie from the 1980s that still holds up, that is still a classic and is still very funny?

With the success of the remakes of:

Total Recall
Red Dawn
The A Team
Tron
Karate Kid

And an infinite list of horror movies...

Can you blame Hollywood for not wanting to crash and burn like these fine films?

Upvote 0
For the most part I am sick of remakes, it lacks imagination and always just seems like a money grab. Most of the time I have little to no interest in those films. Even the few that I see later on Netflix perhaps and like, I never like them enough to where I wish I spent money on going to the theater.

The original Ghostbusters was always ho-hum for me, so I have no interest in seeing a remake.

That said, I can't consider all remakes bad. With a couple of exceptions, I loved the new Battlestar Galactica.

Upvote 0
Not sure how the aesthetics of the cast matters very much...not like the original line up was full of lookers.

I think that's part of the issue. The original Ghostbusters were basically middle-aged nerds. Almost failures who knew it (except Venkmen, who always thinks highly of himself.) Their charming nerdiness is what made them likeable.

This seems like it has a pretty well-known Hollywood formula: two blonde bombshells, a heavier woman and an ethnic woman. Maybe they're all brilliant comedians and have good on-screen chemistry. But at the setup seems suspect none the less.

Upvote 0
With the success of the remakes of:

Total Recall
Red Dawn
The A Team
Tron
Karate Kid

And an infinite list of horror movies...

Can you blame Hollywood for not wanting to crash and burn like these fine films?

Red Dawn is the biggest crap movie ever and If I were Kim Jong I would have prohibited it world wide just like the interview.

Let them make a movie about killing a western leader lets see how the sheeple react.

Last edited:
Upvote 0