• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Gewehrgranatenger

realninja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2010
for rifleheroes, with the ability to mount rifle grenades .. thats only detonates at realistic range 70+ meters, and on hard surfaces. ;)

"As of 1942, an attachable rifle grenade launcher called the Gewehrgranatenger

Last edited:
Reactions: Redken and Pprkut

theta123

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 11, 2011
The germans only could use this, as the mosin nagant did not have a widely fielded rifle grenade

THis would give the already overpowerd german arsenal even more firepower=NO THANK YOU

Reactions: Tovarish_Vassili

feldmarschall

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2010
Kingdom of Bavaria
www.lost-squad.de
well then just give the Russians more PPsh...it's only the "balance" doctrine, that gives us so many troubles. Why not give the Russians five assault troopers and the Germans only two? Like you can see it in RO1 on the map LyesKrovy.
Russians had many more auto weapons, it's just not shown in the game right now.

And don't forget, with a Schie

Reactions: Sir Roderick

Skvid

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2011
I for one approve of these things as long as they are rare to come by in the battlefield, but really the game would be just as fine without them.

Justin MacDuro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
If germans receive that weapon Soviets should receive the rare Butylkomet , capable to shoot grenades and a kind of molotov cocktels .

Those were rare weapons , and no more than one me per squad should carry them .

Last edited:

Sir Roderick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2011
Belgium, Limburg
Yes, let's hand out all sorts of experimental weapons. There is no way that could possible present any problems. I mean the assault rifle is working out just fine, right?

Seriously, there aint no need for rifle-launched petrol bombs, mmmkay?

jergul

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
The germans only could use this, as the mosin nagant did not have a widely fielded rifle grenade

THis would give the already overpowerd german arsenal even more firepower=NO THANK YOU
The mosin nagant rifle nade *could* have been at Stalingrad...

==========

To be a bit more serious

The Djakonov Rifle Granade would be mildly easy to introduce code wise at least.

The non-bipod ones are a lot more awkward. The firing angle is from say 10-85 degrees and not be limited to stock on ground fire mode.

I would recommend working on the 50/51 mm mortars first as more common and easier to abstract into game.

Last edited:

Snails

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 2, 2011
As mentioned before, I think the current MKB42 Machine Gun Sniper Spear has already given the axis a big upper hand.

grothesj2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2010
VPGS-41 rifle grenade for the Soviets perhaps? Wasn't all the effective I understand though and was withdrawn from service mid-war.

CowJuice

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
If it was added it could just replace grenades like the rifle mounted grenade launchers do in day of defeat source. That way it wouldn't mess up balance, but would be a bit of a pointless addition to the game.

Nikita

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2011
The problem with implementing rifle grenade launchers isn't balance-related at all.

The problem is implementing the launchers realistically. When a player presses that weapon function key to mount the grenade launcher, they will have to remove any existing bayonet, mount the launcher, load a grenade round, open the bolt, unload all live rounds from the weapon, load a special blank cartridge into the weapon, and close the bolt. Not an easy animation task, even for Tripwire's boss animators.

Trotskygrad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
on top of corner ruins
The problem with implementing rifle grenade launchers isn't balance-related at all.

The problem is implementing the launchers realistically. When a player presses that weapon function key to mount the grenade launcher, they will have to remove any existing bayonet, mount the launcher, load a grenade round, open the bolt, unload all live rounds from the weapon, load a special blank cartridge into the weapon, and close the bolt. Not an easy animation task, even for Tripwire's boss animators.
I'm not sure if this is doctrinally correct but you could just have the rifle grenades be mounted on "rifle grenade rifles" and be non-removable. The soviet ones definitely look like that.

animations could be reused easily then.

CowJuice

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011

I was referring to the first few comments more than anything else when talking about balance. I do realise there would have to be a lot of work to make the grenade launchers realistic, a lot of work that could go into making a new map, weapon or tank.

ross

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2010
Australia
shuntyard.blogspot.com
This has been discussed before, in at least three different threads.

(On that note, I am still very strongly opposed to rifle grenades being added to this game in any form. See the other threads for my reasons, I don't much feel like reposting them in full every time the issue comes up.)

evil lemon325

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 20, 2011
Just make them for Elite Riflemen only. Not only will there be few rifle grenades, it will also get rid of a few semi's too. ER's also have access to Bolt Action rifles right now but no reason to use them. This would give them one.