• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting new CPU...pretty psyched!!

Upvote 0
I Hope the build is going well ;).

I moved the thread to podium as it's more present pc chatting than actual RO2 discussions.

And yes, that is a sexy air cooler.

The one on my Phenom is about the same size, blowing air to the top of my giant Antec elevenhundred
http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl...w=180&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:83

I recommend the case for the space and cable management.

That sure is one badass looking case. Luckily though, this new CPU actually fits better than my smaller older one...the air flow is also much better and didn't need too much tweaking.

Upvote 0
Sorry people, looks like its going to be a while before I can get back to you with results. The system is incredibly unstable, with applications and processes crashing left, right and center, and blue screens galore! I have tested on a completely wiped drive, and its the same thing. Whether I've set it up wrong, or the motherboard bundle was already unstable is unclear at the moment (although, they said the reason it turned up late was because it was unstable and they had to fix it...foreboding). Anyway, I've started up a dialogue with the company I bought it on, and hopefully they will contact me back soon.

Not a happy bunny.

Upvote 0
I just got a 3570K as well such a badass cpu. I run RO2 on ultra alongside my 6850 and 16GB DDR3. I also got a SSD my computer boots in 10 seconds or less. SSD changed my life.

I had some trouble with my build as well one of the sticks of ram was bad. The computer would endlessly reboot over and over until I used one stick of ram that worked.

Here it is all cased up.
TjAU3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
God I feel your pain. I have already had my fair share of PC issues.

As for my crossfire, I gave up on it.
Lack of fps gain, unstable in COH while being perfectly stable on BF3 and RO2

To help troubleshooting:
Have you tried running the pc with bare minimum and no overclock ?

I am contemplating that, but I'd rather leave that as a last resort, especially when it probably put a hefty chunk of extra price on the product, and I didn't really want to mess with that unless the company recommends it (voiding warranty, refund and all that).

Shame about the crossfire, that sort of thing is a real kick in the behind when it doesn't work out :(

Upvote 0
Sorry people, looks like its going to be a while before I can get back to you with results. The system is incredibly unstable, with applications and processes crashing left, right and center, and blue screens galore! I have tested on a completely wiped drive, and its the same thing. Whether I've set it up wrong, or the motherboard bundle was already unstable is unclear at the moment (although, they said the reason it turned up late was because it was unstable and they had to fix it...foreboding). Anyway, I've started up a dialogue with the company I bought it on, and hopefully they will contact me back soon.

Not a happy bunny.

i recommend running a memtest. random crashes often indicate at least one bad module. test them all, if there are failures, test them one by one to find the faulty ones.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ is a very handy troubleshooting bundle, give it a try!
there could be other reasons, like the motherboard detecting wrong voltages (i had this with my memory, but luckily i knew about it before i bought my cheap-a$s ram ;)).
good luck!

Upvote 0
Fantastic News !

I feel pretty bad tho, I never clicked to suggest that.
Then again, to my experience, computer's don't even post if the motherboard bios is too old for the CPU.

I guess you made me learn a little something :D

On my end I am wondering if I should get myself that new Piledriver cpu or not (the 8350 (4ghz 4 modules 8 cores))

Still wish I had an I5 at this point, as it's far more capable gaming cpu, but all in all my Phenom still runs everything I need... I am such a fool when it comes to commodities.

Upvote 0
Fantastic News !

I feel pretty bad tho, I never clicked to suggest that.
Then again, to my experience, computer's don't even post if the motherboard bios is too old for the CPU.

I guess you made me learn a little something :D

On my end I am wondering if I should get myself that new Piledriver cpu or not (the 8350 (4ghz 4 modules 8 cores))

Still wish I had an I5 at this point, as it's far more capable gaming cpu, but all in all my Phenom still runs everything I need... I am such a fool when it comes to commodities.

Yeah, I assumed the company would have updated it to the latest bios as standard!

Oooh, that CPU sounds juicy :D is it out yet?

Upvote 0
Finally fixed it, just under a month after I got it. The silly people who I bought the bundle from didn't update the bios. It was on F6 when the latest was F15!

Anyway, I'm extremely impressed with the performance. Playing on a 64 player server, I haven't seen the fps dip below 59 yet on ultra!
glad you got it working! i got your message. thanks. i ended up throwing a phenom2x4 980 in my board. it's a half a ghz faster than my old cpu @3.7 and two more cores. a cheap final upgrade for this cpu/mb. i didn't really see how any more cores would do me any good.

Upvote 0
yeah, but to tell you the truth, i was happy with the 555be x2 i was using @3.7ghz as well. i just bought the x4 as a last upgrade before i move up. i didn't notice any framerate changes, but i really haven't played that much since i put it in at the beginning of the week. i need to test it on full servers and see how it runs. planning on overclocking it to 4.2ghz, if it will let me. i have a kuhler 620 on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah, but to tell you the truth, i was happy with the 555be x2 i was using @3.7ghz as well. i just bought the x4 as a last upgrade before i move up. i didn't notice any framerate changes, but i really haven't played that much since i put it in at the beginning of the week. i need to test it on full servers and see how it runs. planning on overclocking it to 4.2ghz, if it will let me. i have a kuhler 620 on it.

If you can get a good stable overclock, you should see a nice improvement over the other :)

Upvote 0
good to hear everything works now!
hf :D

imho the improvements of piledriver are almost as good as phenom2's in its day. history repeating itself.
the benchmarks look promising, it's fairly cheap, the only downside is the hunger for power, especially when overclocked. still a nice cpu though, if one doesn't think about electric bills.
i really like amd, but i wouldn't trade my ivy bridge for a piledriver ;)

Upvote 0