• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get the details level back

Man I wish I was having issues I would send tripwire my computer no problem, hell they are even giving you EXTRA money for your time without your co mputer.. Probably a decent ammount as well so you would be getting RO2 for free and who knows maybe they'll give you some goodies as well signed by the team for someone with an awesome rig single handedly helping out all others with good rigs by letting them fix the issue.. I bet they only need hands one with one good rig with this issue to figure it out, they are smart guys.

They have some special software they made to run on it but they cannot distribute it so they need to give you money to have your comp for a few days.. Surely someone with a beast comp would like some extra cash? You can live a few days or a week without your PC. DO IT FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Upvote 0
ur system looks capable to get some decent FPS (depending on resolution and maybe weird driver settings/not really working SLI - could try to disable that or engine behavior)

but what i wanted to say is that u cant say "my GPUs are half idle" just by looking at a weird tool giving u a usage percentage

pipeline.png

all of these processes (there are not even all shown) in the GPU are related to several hardware parts (TMU/TAU, ROPs, ALUs, Controlling Unit etc.) and in every part can happen stalls because its not capable to handle its workload while other parts are idling

so its not that easy to just say "hey my GPU is only half used" fix it

and according to the CPU it is a bit different....u cannot just open the task manager and say "hey my CPU is only half used because it shows 50% on every core"
the OS tends to just shuffle threads around the CPU cores that makes look the task manager showing multiple cores used by XYZ % but the truth may be that there are threads running on one core utilizing 100% of that core at a time
and because they shuffle the inaccurate taskmanager makes it look like <100% usage on multiple cores
Good post, but it still does not explain real well how no other game I own never bottlenecks itself like red orchestra does.
for example metro 2033 and crysis can and will use 99% of my both of my gpus

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OkB9g.jpg

Does this mean anything?
Should I be getting these fps with 2 460s superclocked/ a [email protected] and 4gigs of ddr3?
Are you guys going to support sli because I seem to get the same fps with 1 card.
My fps drops all the time and starts to stutter after a while
these shots were taken on a 0 pop server
Its even worst with players in the game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ur system looks capable to get some decent FPS (depending on resolution and maybe weird driver settings/not really working SLI - could try to disable that or engine behavior)

but what i wanted to say is that u cant say "my GPUs are half idle" just by looking at a weird tool giving u a usage percentage

pipeline.png

all of these processes (there are not even all shown) in the GPU are related to several hardware parts (TMU/TAU, ROPs, ALUs, Controlling Unit etc.) and in every part can happen stalls because its not capable to handle its workload while other parts are idling

so its not that easy to just say "hey my GPU is only half used" fix it

and according to the CPU it is a bit different....u cannot just open the task manager and say "hey my CPU is only half used because it shows 50% on every core"
the OS tends to just shuffle threads around the CPU cores that makes look the task manager showing multiple cores used by XYZ % but the truth may be that there are threads running on one core utilizing 100% of that core at a time
and because they shuffle the inaccurate taskmanager makes it look like <100% usage on multiple cores

What you say have lot of truth to it, but I'm sad that it wouldn't apply to me since I actually had better performance during beta. So I have a very solid benchmark to compare against.

Also about CPU and GPU useage, I don't just use taskbar. I also refer to the actual temperature, and I know that my GPU under full load would go to 73C and CPU would go up to 51C. Running this game, GPU sits around 62C and CPU around 44C. They are clearly not using their full power unless my CPU and GPU just likes to heat up sometimes (barring abnormal room temperature, which I do check for :) ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0