• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get the details level back

uWjoi.jpg

So when are you guys going to fix this?
2 460s @ 850 core

Upvote 0
There's a lot of 4 letter words that can be censored so I can only guess.

Seriously though I cannot play in super high detail mode so I don't really see every brick because I never saw every brick!

EDIT: Actually me being half asleep stopped me from noticing that this is partially about the draw distance which I find annoying at times as well

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a lot of 4 letter words that can be censored so I can only guess.

Seriously though I cannot play in super high detail mode so I don't really see every brick because I never saw every brick!

Just because you cant, doesn't mean others cant. lots of people put tons of money into their pcs like myself want the game to run/look like it should.

Upvote 0
uWjoi.jpg

So when are you guys going to fix this?
2 460s @ 850 core

if u r referring to GPU usage....didn't u read it may be CPU limited
and i could imagine even with a decent CPU some weird things like Hyper-Threading problems or crazy acting of OS task scheduler shuffling continuously the threads around cores/virtual cores could happen

Just because you cant, doesn't mean others cant. lots of people put tons of money into their pcs like myself want the game to run/look like it should.

exactly and furthermore this game is settled in a real world scenario so we want to have it look as authentic as possible

most of us would play it on medium details as well but why no try to get it as good looking as possible...

even when it needs some config tweaks i got no problem with that
and i wont come to forums to blame the devs "OMG i cranked up my LOD values to insane amount and now the game runs like sh1t U ALL FAIL"

Upvote 0
if u r referring to GPU usage....didn't u read it may be CPU limited
and i could imagine even with a decent CPU some weird things like Hyper-Threading problems or crazy acting of OS task scheduler shuffling continuously the threads around cores/virtual cores could happen

Maybe for some. It's also not CPU limited for many of us. I even ran the stat unit, which showed that the game was bottlenecked by my GPU... when my GPU had 44% useage.

Our systems are sitting with half of the resources unused, while the game stutters.

Edit: Not to mention this issue goes away from some and surfaces for others with each patch. I didn't have this issue back in beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok but then u need to realize that the GPU is no single bottleneck but multiple bottlenecks in its rendering pipeline

Yes, but there is no actual bottleneck here. My i7 930 @ 3.6ghz, 6gig ram and 460gtx SLI @ 800/2000 is just sitting there with half of its resources idle.

I can set this game at lowest and it'll still dip to 40fps.

Upvote 0
Yes, but there is no actual bottleneck here. My i7 930 @ 3.6ghz, 6gig ram and 460gtx SLI @ 800/2000 is just sitting there with half of its resources idle.

I can set this game at lowest and it'll still dip to 40fps.

ur system looks capable to get some decent FPS (depending on resolution and maybe weird driver settings/not really working SLI - could try to disable that or engine behavior)

but what i wanted to say is that u cant say "my GPUs are half idle" just by looking at a weird tool giving u a usage percentage

pipeline.png

all of these processes (there are not even all shown) in the GPU are related to several hardware parts (TMU/TAU, ROPs, ALUs, Controlling Unit etc.) and in every part can happen stalls because its not capable to handle its workload while other parts are idling

so its not that easy to just say "hey my GPU is only half used" fix it

and according to the CPU it is a bit different....u cannot just open the task manager and say "hey my CPU is only half used because it shows 50% on every core"
the OS tends to just shuffle threads around the CPU cores that makes look the task manager showing multiple cores used by XYZ % but the truth may be that there are threads running on one core utilizing 100% of that core at a time
and because they shuffle the inaccurate taskmanager makes it look like <100% usage on multiple cores

Upvote 0