• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get the details level back

Everyone should relax. There's no reason why they won't add it back in once they get some of the optimizations in. They probably wanted to get the details lowered so people would stop complaining and get people actually playing the game. Once people are settled down a bit, they'd probably have a better chance of finding the real optimization issues and then could add details back in.

Upvote 0
Everyone should relax. There's no reason why they won't add it back in once they get some of the optimizations in. They probably wanted to get the details lowered so people would stop complaining and get people actually playing the game. Once people are settled down a bit, they'd probably have a better chance of finding the real optimization issues and then could add details back in.

I was not having any optimization issues. Why are they forcing me to run at lower specs. Don't sell me somthing and then change it and force me to accept it. If they want to add it back, they need to communicate .... all I saw was folks you can't have it both ways. I don't want it both ways all I want is the way I had it when I bought it.

Upvote 0
I was not having any optimization issues. Why are they forcing me to run at lower specs. Don't sell me somthing and then change it and force me to accept it. If they want to add it back, they need to communicate .... all I saw was folks you can't have it both ways. I don't want it both ways all I want is the way I had it when I bought it.

If the game was being made just for you and me and all those who can run the game without the changes, I'd agree. However, there is an undeniable faction who is having problems, and is quite vocal about it. The end goal is a playable game for as many as possible, and the quickest way to that goal is modifying the maps, which is a relatively straight-forward solution with a higher chance of success.

I don't know what sort of resources Tripwire has, being a smaller studio, but truly solving the underlying problem may require resources that make it impractical in the short term, especially if it's an issue with the render engine itself, which seems highly likely.

Upvote 0
if it were just some removed bricks :(
they "tweaked" the LOD that now sandbags and small objects are very noticeable disappearing after some meters distance

l had the game running fine....now it looks retarded seeing stuff disappearing in front of me

It's been like that since the beta for me. Foliage, sandbacks, pallets, even tank husks...they all just kind of materialize in front of me when viewing them from certain angles.

Upvote 0
personally I don't really care about the bricks, if there was an option to turn them off I would as I can see people better, but that is personal preference.

Bricks or no bricks game still had bad fps, high or low settings game had bad fps this is the problem, and if they are trying everything possible to fix it then it is a good thing.

The pop up of objects is very annoying though, bushes seem to grow the closer you get to them, and is very distracting, also fps hasn't improved at all.

Upvote 0
If these bricks were causing performance problems, why not lower the texture quality of the bricks for a while until the real problem is found and it can be fixed.

GEOMETRY!

The game is far from a v-ram hog even when maxed at 1080, those bricks however were adding to the triangle count more than the texture count.

I have said it numerous times, the game most likely is stressed due to polygon count - not texture or v-ram usage (try monitoring your vram usage, it uses about 400mb on ultra on my system).

Upvote 0
Stalin order 207: not one brick back!

To end users:

-check a history of PC gaming (remember the latest hardware never guaranteed top performance on maxed out graphs)

-While introducing DX10, the 8800GT was slow in 2008. It is not getting any faster any more.

-check back in a couple of weeks for tweak guide like these for RO1 http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=10701

-In game maps like Pavlov's house should hold the bar for map development. If it does not run well: bear with it or avoid.

-thanks to SDK, rather empty run and gun maps guaranteeing 100fps average will be available soon

-go motivate inspired MOD makers to do better http://www.incountrymod.com/

-> see you in the VN Jungle next year?

Tripwire:

-stop compromising detail levels on pieces of art like Pavlov's. It insults your fan base that have no problems with performance.

-assemble a tweak guide from things learned so far that could improve performance, establish a forum where people can input their tweaks

-include RO1 disclaimer "may affect performance" in graphs settings

-Take it up with Tim Sweeney (Unreal engine hotline)

-Take it up with NVidia / AMD graphic card driver crew.

Upvote 0