• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get stuck while walking in MP

bebeloup

Jul 30, 2006
When I move, I get stuck for 2-3 seconds every 5 seconds.
- It's like a lag, but I'm still able to look around, fire, crouch, jump, ...
- This happens ONLY in multiplayer. It DOES NOT happens when I'm moving a vehicle.
- It occurs at any framerate (tried different graphic settings, got it as low as 11fps, up to 59fps).
- the net statistics show 0 packet loss
- with or without precaching
- with either 32, 64 128 or 256 Mo cache size (i have 2 gb RAM)
It's like there were some obstacle. I'm just _stuck_.

It's just more than annoying, making the game unplayable. I don't know what to do...

Last edited:
Sorry for putting this thread up, but I'd really like to play this game..

The weird thing is that this problem is only in multiplayer game. I've checked the connexion speed, and it's ok. I also disabled any input filter settings, preloading & all. Actually I think I've tried any settings combinations now...

Upvote 0
I have this problem too. The weird thing is, it comes and goes, with no settings changes on my end -- one day it'll be fine, the next I can't walk 6 feet without freezing. I've wondered if it might be related to my internet connection, but like bebeloup I'm not showing any packet loss and other games and applications that use it work just fine.

Upvote 0
I didn't notice, but I'll be careful next time.

However, I noticed that it depends on the map, ie. on some maps the "freeze" frequency will be lower than on others.

But, Myopic, whe apparently have an orphan disease : nobody cares... Btw, I don't know how far a feet is, but it's certainly short enough to make the game unplayable.

Upvote 0
bebeloup said:
I didn't notice, but I'll be careful next time.

However, I noticed that it depends on the map, ie. on some maps the "freeze" frequency will be lower than on others.

But, Myopic, whe apparently have an orphan disease : nobody cares... Btw, I don't know how far a feet is, but it's certainly short enough to make the game unplayable.

OK. The distorted sounds make me wonder if it's my soundcard. The effect is fairly subtle, so if it does happen to you I can see why you might have missed it. It might be totally unrelated, of course, but I'm clutching at straws here :(

I also notice a slight difference depending on map. Konigsplatz seems to be the worst offender. Maybe it's performance related, but it runs beautifully apart from the stuttering so I dunno. There's also the fact that it doesn't always happen, and that the programs I have running in the background don't appear to affect it. Perplexing.

No one seems to care, but to be fair, there's very little anyone can do really, since there are so few of us with the problem.

What are everyone's system specs? Maybe there's some common denominator here; even if we can't fix it I'd like to know what might be causing it. I'm running:

Athlon XP 2800 on an nForce2 mobo whose manufacturer I long ago forgot the name of
1gb RAM
256mb 7800GS
Soundblaster Live

Nothing particularly unusual about my setup, everything else runs flawlessly. :confused:

Upvote 0