• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"get Out!"

Yeah, I never get out though...

Back in the mod days I had a guy say that, and I didnt reply (cause I never do to be an ass). He then started driving around the spawn showing me that hes willing to waste time and not play the game until I bail out. The entire time telling me to get out and "threatening" to keep driving around aimlessly. We drove around that spawn area until the end of the round... :p

Upvote 0
Lionel-RIchie said:
Tank Soldat Christoph arrives on the battlefield with his company and prepare to saddle up and move out. Christoph spots a Panzer with only a driver in it sitting there and hustles over and jumps into the gunnery spot. "GEHEN SIE AUS!" and we're off...for 3 feet. The driver slams on the breaks and screams "GET OUT!"

Christoph scratches his head, perplexed. Get out? But then there won't be a gunner, maybe there is a pesky mosquito in the driver compartment that the driver is shouting at! A few seconds of silence then..."get your own tank!"

"But it is better to have two in a tank so you can be more combat ready"

"Nu uh, get your own tank"

Disgusted, Christoph hops out of the Panzer muttering "why I NEVER!" and watches the tank drive off. He sighs and hops into the nearest Panzer (or waits for one to respawn if it's a map with *few* (1 or 2) tanks).

So, anyone see this happening a lot? I've had it happen quite a few times. Sure, I'll drive a tank by myself sometimes, but only because I don't have anyone else to crew it with me. It's just *better* to have a gunner, seeing as how after a shot the driver can manuever while the gunner reloads...but some people just don't understand this! :mad:

/rant off

I have been seeing clanners doing this a lot too, and its quite dissapointing. SEriously people, you have to let others into the darned tank, how else are people going to learn hwo to play the game properly, your obviously not playing properly.

Upvote 0
[5.SS] Herr Hut said:
People should give others a chance. Then if the guy who jumps into the tank proves himself a moron, you pretend like you're afk when you both respawn until he runs off :)

People who do the "GET OUT OF MY TANK!!" crap on our server, will probably get the boot more often than not.
Agreed. If some person whose name I don't recognize hops in, I go through the sequence of "can you hear me?" and "do you want to drive or gun?".

More often than not, I wind up gunning, simply because most people are really terrible at the whole "point turret in direction of hostiles" thing.

Upvote 0
I have one rule when I'm in a tank as a driver... if you get in, you BETTER have a microphone and USE IT. If they don't respond to me, when I'm talking to them, I tell them to get out, or I pull up and grab a new tank.

Communication is KEY to this game. This game would be NOTHING without it. Because it offers in-game chat, people should use it at all possible times to coordinate efforts.

So I understand when people say to get out... IF, the gunner isn't communicating. But if they are willing to talk and WORK with the driver... it can turn into an unstoppable team.

Upvote 0
Hptmn.Krueger[TRO/29.PzG] said:
Communication is KEY to this game. This game would be NOTHING without it. Because it offers in-game chat, people should use it at all possible times to coordinate efforts.

You're aware that VOIP doesn't work with most Soundblaster cards, right? In any case the game provides a set of handy keybinds that cover the most common commands, the only major exception being enemy sightings.

Upvote 0
[5.SS] Herr Hut said:
People should give others a chance. Then if the guy who jumps into the tank proves himself a moron, you pretend like you're afk when you both respawn until he runs off :)

People who do the "GET OUT OF MY TANK!!" crap on our server, will probably get the boot more often than not.

yep. That's why I game on the 5SS server whenever I see people on it. Nice place. :)

Upvote 0
I would be one of the people who would ask you to leave. 1 crewman is waayyy more effective than two smacktards trying to run a three-legged race, Which is what happens if neither are effective communicators.

Now a two or three man crew, all on the one Teamspeak Channel and witha little familiarity go a long way. The third guy who mans the MG mainly acts as a xtra set of eyes and uses the MG to keep infantry at bay. In most pub servers a random guy in the MG position seems to just spray away at nothing, needlessly revealing our position.

Upvote 0
I used to ask if people had their voice keys binded (merely because I don't like listening to some scratchy, low-quality voice and try to understand if he's saying "IS-2 to the front!" or "Panzerfaust behind us!" or "I like waffles!") and if they don't or didn't respond, I'd get out.

People can learn by soloing or with other people, but not with me. I typically only let people in nowadays if they seem respectable or if I know them. Otherwise, I will merely get out of the tank and wait for another one to spawn.

However, if they get out and follow me around, they can expect a pistol round to the leg.

Upvote 0
breadtruck said:
Yeah, I never get out though...

Back in the mod days I had a guy say that, and I didnt reply (cause I never do to be an ass). He then started driving around the spawn showing me that hes willing to waste time and not play the game until I bail out. The entire time telling me to get out and "threatening" to keep driving around aimlessly. We drove around that spawn area until the end of the round... :p
Heh, I would have gotten up and made a sandwich while that guy drove around thinking you were paying attention to him. lol

[CiA]Stiletto said:
Agreed. If some person whose name I don't recognize hops in, I go through the sequence of "can you hear me?" and "do you want to drive or gun?".

More often than not, I wind up gunning, simply because most people are really terrible at the whole "point turret in direction of hostiles" thing.

I do this too. I ask if they have a microphone. If they do, I let them have whatever position they want. If they dont, I ask them to be the gunner. That way I can spot for them and give them audible commands (and keep the tank in a good position), and they can use the numpad quickkeys.

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
You're aware that VOIP doesn't work with most Soundblaster cards, right? In any case the game provides a set of handy keybinds that cover the most common commands, the only major exception being enemy sightings.
in the old RO you didnt need alot of long conversations.... stop move, forward, etc.... the driver knew what to do... the guys with mics where just morons who played disco music and shouted random insults....
you shouldnt have to have a mic or be in a clan to play ROOST!
the way it is now..... i try to avoid tank maps with alot of people on them... or wait around for my own tank...

Upvote 0