• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Germans should get MG3

kuopassa

Aug 27, 2009
Nowadays in public servers Soviets lose only most of the matches, so Tripwide should reinforce Germans weapon arsenal by giving them MG3. That way they'd have more firepower and not just MG42 and what not, and perhaps, just maybe, they could win 100% of the matches. That'd be really great.

Nowadays in public servers Soviets lose only most of the matches, so Tripwide should reinforce Germans weapon arsenal by giving them MG3. That way they'd have more firepower and not just MG42 and what not, and perhaps, just maybe, they could win 100% of the matches. That'd be really great.

Why do people think the Germans are OP. It's 50-50 by my experience. They're ASYMMETRICAL FOR A REASON

Upvote 0
Why do people think the Germans are OP. It's 50-50 by my experience. They're ASYMMETRICAL FOR A REASON
Is MG42 better gun than the plate gun Soviets have? Is MG34 better than the plate gun Soviets have? It's really simple thing here: if other team gets better guns, by which I mean mainly more firepower, then it obviously has an advantage against the other team with worse guns. It certainly is asymmetric. Other team has better gunnies. :)

Upvote 0
Is MG42 better gun than the plate gun Soviets have? Is MG34 better than the plate gun Soviets have? It's really simple thing here: if other team gets better guns, by which I mean mainly more firepower, then it obviously has an advantage against the other team with worse guns. It certainly is asymmetric. Other team has better gunnies. :)

I will just repeat my comment from your video.

Germans are getting captured soviet AT rifle with better characteristics as standart weapon because in real life they didnt have similar thing. This is totally illogical, unrealistic, historically inaccurate and wrong in all meanings. But it was done for a balance, although there were other ways to balance germans in AT possibilities, for example, by giving them their kampf/sturm pistole, that would be perfect asymetrical balance.

Soviets are not getting captured german MG34 as standat weapon, although in real life they didnt have similar thing. So they keep being worse than germans as its "historical accurate".

I can give more examples like these. Mkb42 with scope for germans, Mp40 with dual mag unlock. This is not historically accurate, this is not balanced - its just given to germans. Soviets are having PPSh and PPS with ridiculous recoil... for what? balance? balance what, mkb42?

Such things as balance, historical asymetrical gameplay never existed in ro2. Its disbalanced and the things that disbalance the game are not historical, they are going against to what was in real life, its disbalanced to "another" side. RO2 can be asymetrical at some point but totally not now what it was in reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

What are you calling gunplate? The DP-28? That gun is amazing, it's suppression is amazing. If you're just basing it off because the Germans have the MG42 or "better" automatic weapons you have no argument, whatsoever, seems to me you're complaining because you can't aim a rifle properly...

Upvote 0