• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Germans blend in in the maps too well...

I would agree it depends on the map. On Spartanovka I think Russians blend in more. On any brown or sandy color surface. Where as Germans blend in with the grey an darker walls an shadows. The real question is what do you want TWI to do about it anyway? Short of lowering bloom if that's a problem they can't really do anything.

Upvote 0
Oh God we need TWI to color the Germans pink now and maybe with a huge arrow pointing to their position.

Seriously OMGrageTROLOLOLOLOLOL The Germans are so Overpowerd.
WTF do you Devs think to make the Game use real Uniforms intead of Barney the Dino Costumes with Hello Kitty Stickers all over it.

HERP DERP!

Your teenage internet platitudes are a thousand times more annoying than the original post could possibly hope to be.

HERPA DERP FIRIN MAH ALZOR TROLOL shut up

Upvote 0
I made a thread about this during the beta and they have seemed to fix the problem. In Danzig I could see a Russian in any window because they sparkled so bright. But now if they move back into the shadows, they are virtually invisible. I've been killed more than a few times by people in plain sight that I didn't even know were there.

Upvote 0
Ok. I dont know if its just me but it seems like the Germans are really hard to spot on some of the maps, as their uniform colour just happens to fit very well (like on Fallen Heroes, the shadows of the buildings there have a bluish tint like that of German uniform). I'd sometimes not see a German extremely close to me and engage an enemy thats even further, alerting the German closer to me and he shoots. Whenever i play as German though, I easily spot Soviets in their yellow uniforms...and on snowy maps, the white uniforms of the SOviets that were supposedly supposed to give them an advantage shine/gleam in the sun like lightbulbs, making Soviet troops even in white winter uniforms very easy to spot. It may just be me though since i have a ati radeon 5570 and can only play on medium settings with 15-20 fps...what do you guys think

PS does anyone know why the hell sometimes when i shoot my rifle (happens mostly with SVT) the first shot doesnt fire and my rifle just clicks (even tho i havent even fired a single shot since spawning). I'd have to click multiple times for it to finally fire and this has caused me multiple loss of kills/deaths. very frustrating

It's called camo...the German Field Grey (or grey\green) uniform was designed to be hard to spot in battlefield conditions...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I suggest the Germans wear orange hunting vests as well as hats so that Russian players with poor vision, small monitors or just low performance gaming skills have a better chance at actually getting a kill.

In a patch soon after, we'll reduce the Germans running speed to 75% of russian one, so you won't have to strain your mousehand so much when trying to lead the shots with your AVT.

Problem solved.

Anything else we can do for you? A cup of coffee maybe?

Upvote 0
Build a time machine, travel back in time and warn German high command not to issue an order to make uniforms in grey color cause you can't see enemies in Red Orchestra.

Also, since Russians seem to be the problem as well. Warn the communists not to wear snow camouflage in snowy environments cause you are having trouble spotting them too.

It's realistic WCYD :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I too find in very hard to spot the Nazi uniform in any map conditions. Soviets are easy, they seem to stand out on all maps.
Not much to be done about it though, just the way it was I guess?
Is the Soviet "yellow" really what they wore? I thought it was more of a green/brown?
The only up-side is that it makes it a little easier to tell between friend and foe.

Upvote 0
Build a time machine, travel back in time and warn German high command not to issue an order to make uniforms in grey color cause you can't see enemies in Red Orchestra.

Also, since Russians seem to be the problem as well. Warn the communists not to wear snow camouflage in snowy environments cause you are having trouble spotting them too.

It's realistic WCYD :)

...The thing is, in real life, the Russian winter uniform DOES help them camouflage in the snow, but its unrealistic that in this game it helps them stand out instead...I guess i wont mind the German camo being good if its realistic, but not if the Russian one stands out unrealistically.

Upvote 0
Played some as Axis on Red October, paying special attention to the camuflage. The Axis uniforms are extremely hard to see whenever they have any kind of buildings or shadow behind them (which is most often the case when playing around buildings/ruins). They stand out more if just in the open. The Allies were definitely not badly camuflaged if having brighter things behind them (moonlit structures, snow) and I did not get any impression that they were 'glowing' in the snow.

On spartanovka, the Allied tan uniforms camuflage well, better than the Axis. Especially with anything wood, dirt or sand coloured behind them.

As Allies, do everything you can to try to make yourself small, don't move around so much. Try to break the outline of your siluette by paying attention to what is behind you (that the enemy will see from their perspective). If possible, always pop out to the side of an object instead of above it. On maps like Grain Elevator, there is a big difference in how hard you are to see in some windows compared to others. I've personally been able to spend 5-10 minutes in a row machine gunning Axis with a DP-28 some floors up from a window. Consistently.

As Axis, stick to buildings, shadows, rubble. Pay attention to which windows the enemy can 'see through' the building and avoid those - your siluette will stand out clearly against the sky or any other bright surfaces. Also, shoot less; being dark in shadowy areas, the muzzle flash is much more apparent than from an Allied soldier firing from a well lit area.

Upvote 0
You all should keep in mind that computers don't render color all in the same way.

Some some people's screens, the German uniform is green, on others, grey, on mine, dark blue. Same thing when it comes to Russian uniforms.
Since all colours are rendered equally differently, it should not make any difference. I.e. greenish german uniform = greenish grey concrete buildings also.

Upvote 0
Or like me - a big 27"+ LED Screen to marvel at the artwork with. :D

My laptop has me trying brail to find where the opposition is. I've decided a new tactic through - call get in any cap zone for your team and the opposition is bound to show up. Beats camping for kills and when the others show, it's at close range - even I can see them.

Upvote 0
Oh God we need TWI to color the Germans pink now and maybe with a huge arrow pointing to their position.

Seriously OMGrageTROLOLOLOLOLOL The Germans are so Overpowerd.
WTF do you Devs think to make the Game use real Uniforms intead of Barney the Dino Costumes with Hello Kitty Stickers all over it.

HERP DERP!

Being sarcastic does not make you smarter. I'd even say it has the opposite effect. The Germans don't stand out in-game while the Russians do because of the game's engine, Just like the Russians shine on the snow - which is straight forward ridiculous. No one asks the game to be unrealistic - the other way around, it's not realistic when you can spot a Russian soldier with white uniforms on snow just like that.

Upvote 0
The Red Army uniforms should be much greener, right now they are light brownish.

M43Officer%20tunic.jpg

Upvote 0