• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art German Skins

Stadler

Mar 16, 2006
Here are previews of my RO player skins. I basically cleaned up the stock skin majorly and fixed up all the gear. Then from there made different variations of camoflague and some winter stuff. All with proper helmets. I did this in over a few hours so its only really v.05. I need to fix a few things like the scale of the camo and patches but other then that I hope you like it!

If any mappers are interested, I will most likely be offering my work or custom work for player skins.

-Stadler

Attachments

• dott_full_preview.jpg
    dott_full_preview.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • dott_trousers_preview.jpg
    dott_trousers_preview.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 0
  • dott_tunic_preview.jpg
    dott_tunic_preview.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ss_winter_v1.jpg
    ss_winter_v1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 0
  • smock_preview.jpg
    smock_preview.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
Stadler, can't wait to see your uniforms ingame!:)

It would be nice if someone could post a tutorial on how to help mappers get custom skins into their maps. This would only be a benefit and a great service to the whole community IMHO.

For whatever reason, how to do so seems to be an unspoken secret around here...:(

And I apologize for hijacking your thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By creating new player roles I got my Fallschirmjager in-game. (I also change the player model for my FJ, but the code is essentially the same if I kept the default German model) You can use the SDK to extract the source code & simply edit the code to get your skins working. This will probably be easier than explaining here. (The method used to get the FJ ingame is the same as Worluk used for Kolno)
for my FJ package look here:http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15334

Stadler - sorry if I sound like I'm plugging my work on your thread, but what I'm saying is look at what I got working & use that as a basis for getting your skins in-game.

Upvote 0
I really like the SS smock with the Plane (was it this name?) camo. Maybe you can also make a wintercamo like this one?

IMG_2855.jpg

Upvote 0