• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German Gamestar Preview

Green blood would be the ultimate fail. Besides from the fact that many games managed to come out uncensored lately, green blood would be even worse than reduced blood or even no blood at all.:eek:
Seriously - many games lately managed to come out uncut, including DNF, Metra 2033 and Crysis 2. It shouldn't be too hard for HoS to do the same (unless 1C aims for USK16 instead of USK18 - that would be difficult).
Well, they could always release a cut und uncut version, if they have to.

@TWI: do you know if 1C (or is this the duty of the dev?) already send a copy of HoS to the USK for evaluation?

Upvote 0
We didn't do green blood in Ostfront - can't see why we'd do it here!

Thank god but there isnt much blood in my german version! I need to get the austrian version if i want Hos uncut!

This part I really like: If you annoyed after five minutes but not mouse and keyboard thrown in the corner, reveals a complexity and brilliance of the title. You must proceed slowly and tactically, to explore every inch of you voranpirscht and always keep your eyes open. After some time you get a feel for the game: Which rear windows may be lurking enemies, from what gear they could press ahead first? The round can survive only if you work in a team and tactically vorarbeitet to his destination. In the hardest mode, two players take about sniper rifles and heavy machine guns on themselves, one is the team leader and all other players put themselves into squads (each with a leader) together. The leader gives orders to the infantry squads, sniper and machine-gunners give back cover. You understand the gameplay, the game is really fun.

Upvote 0
This happens often.

On many a board I have seen Germans blaming the developers of the games for stuff being censored.

Personally, I think they just need to man up and do something about their own government and get some organisations to change.

It's not the devs fault. They either comply to the rating board, or they don;t get to sell their games in Germany.

Upvote 0
Translation

Translation

Sorry guys, I am at work (not busy) and translated this stupid text. Because it's a stupid text and some of the sentences are even stupid in German, this is not my best translation, but should give you same impression: poor preview!

Whoever runs to the front in ROHOS in the old Call of Duty manner will die faster than he expects. You will survive more than one hit only in the fewest of circumstances. We were there and could try the multiplayer shooter

The Russian publisher 1C invited for a presentation of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. There we were able to lay on our hands on the multiplayer mode. During the session the game mode changed every couple of rounds to give us a complete impression . Red Orchestra 2 is placed in Stalingrad during the time between July 1942 and February 1943 and concentrates completely on this part of world war II. First of all: who doesn

Upvote 0
All I have to say is I'm tired of the herpy derpy journalists.

I'm starting to think, that everything TWI did to lower the learning curve has been in vain. May have been enough in 2006 when they released Ostfront. But I think that the general IQ level has dropped significantly since then. Call of Duty 4 came in 2007 and started its lobotomy campaign to the already clueless player base, and then followed by countless other games.

Seriously, I think this game is getting more previews like this than Ostfront did back in its day. In fact, I only remember such idiocy from the G4TV one.

Hurrr frustrating, you die in one shot and you have to aim yourself, no shiny Hollywood effects durrr.

Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0
All I have to say is I'm tired of the herpy derpy journalists.

I'm starting to think, that everything TWI did to lower the learning curve has been in vain. May have been enough in 2006 when they released Ostfront. But I think that the general IQ level has dropped significantly since then. Call of Duty 4 came in 2007 and started its lobotomy campaign to the already clueless player base, and then followed by countless other games.

Seriously, I think this game is getting more previews like this than Ostfront did back in its day. In fact, I only remember such idiocy from the G4TV one.

Hurrr frustrating, you die in one shot and you have to aim yourself, no shiny Hollywood effects durrr.

I think regardless of derpy reviewers
If the game has the same amount of quality as other TWI games (which I'm sure it will) i'm sure it will spread well by word of mouth/watching friends pick up

I never ever heard of Killing Floor in any media outlet
would hv never heard of it if it wasn't for one of my friends picking up on it - which later lead to nearly everyone in my immediate circle of friends also buying it
and enjoying it

TWI's main marketing tool seems to be having a good game and letting the players do the rest... on that note
they should really release us some HQ gameplay videos to start spreading around to get the word out..

Upvote 0
@Fedorov

@Fedorov

Hi Fedorov,

considering that the core-base of players for ROHOS is different than the ones of CoD, BF and Arma, the reviews of big gaming magazines and webpages are not surprising me.
Considering that also the biggest idiot can become a CoD-badass if he just runs a rig fast enough, people who failed in life or are "not someone special" are suddenly becoming "heroes in the online world". At least in the one they appear.
Especially young kiddos are usually the ones that are buying those magazines and will go to school talking with their friends about "I got a Quadcore-SLI-10,000 gig Rig and can play CoD in max settings on my 100' TV. Heard of CoD MW 52 already? It will allow you to shoot ones brain out..." The magazines know that their target market reader is probably the child that still needs to be up to date all the time in order not to lose face in front of their friends. Imagine being in that position (and age), telling your friends "I am playing RO, which is now 4 years old"...
I stopped reading gaming magazines in Germany after Sudden Strike got pretty bad critics for being too tactical compared to Command and Conquer... Well well well, a game that requires time and skill to master (like RO) and therefore gives you plenty of time to learn it and play it is suddenly too bad, because young guys think it is?

Basically, ROHOS is the last game I am waiting for since I cannot find any good games anymore and all my favorite series have been destroyed... Yes, CoD UO was in it long time ago. But some other examples:

Total War series: From Rome TW up to Medieval 2 TW, this series was great. Empire TW killed it and anything I have seen afterwards was... I censore myself here

Need For Speed: It always surprises me how games that needed 2 years development suddenly became so easy to upgrade to bring releases within 6 months nowadays. I stopped at NFS 3

Battlefield: I actually only played Battlefield Vietnam and already felt that the core player base was 10 years younger than me. Probably because I didn't like the lousy talk that so many in this forum and in the RO series dislike as well: "Boom, headshot mother****. You just got pwned!!!"

And when you remember the good old times, you realize that ROHOS might be the last bastion of game series that has not taken the way of hardcore-profitability, because it requires more from the players than a fast rig. Something young kids are simply not willing to spend too much time into anymore.

So I am praying that the new changes in ROHOS will not lead to the game becoming arcade and mass-market focused as the big other series. So in that sense, the bad reviews of ROHOS in the magazines so far are actually calming me down a bit, while the new weapons still are scary.
I trust TWI though to not forget their core fanbase as they seem to love their game more than just a cashcow...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kinda ironic that every preview has to mention cod:rolleyes:

Yeah, the thing is that Ostfront reviews mentioned Flashpoint, and said that Ostfront wasnt a frustrating simulator, but "accessible realism", and that realism can be fun. Amazing how things keep shifting more and more to the dumb side.
Now, for the easier RO2, is: Awwr so hard! not CoD!

And I just don't ****ing get where the hard part is.

Ever since the first time I played RO for UT2k4, I found it easy and satisfying. If anything, I find it harder having to rely on lighting fast reflexes to quickly shoot stuff around the corners, than rely on my accuracy and rational thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ever since the first time I played RO for UT2k4, I found it easy and satisfying. If anything, I find it harder having to rely on lighting fast reflexes to quickly shoot stuff around the corners, than rely on my accuracy and rational thought.
Exactly, RO is from my point of view much more playable than all the fast-running-quick-triple-jumping frag fests like Quake or UT with people hopping all over the place. RO is much more realistic, thus making already aiming at people much more easy (due to the fact that they move the way you'd expect it).

Upvote 0