• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German AT-rifle MPZB 41

Speaking of Czech weapons I'd also like to see the ZB vz. 26 making an appearence -

zb26_1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ARMA 2 might widely be considered a military sim, but honestly I can't think of a game that is less immersive when it comes to shooting people. The game looks great, it's huge, and there is alot of player freedom when it comes to load outs and ways to attack objectives. That said, I find the infantry movement system so incredibly clunky that it is anything but immersive. ARMA2 is typically at its most impressive to me when I'm doing anything but shooting people.

From what I've seen so far, I think RO2 is going to go leaps beyond ARMA2 when it comes to first person immersion and weapon usage. Perhaps it will never be seen as a "sim" to the ultra-hardcore-2%-of-all-gamers community, but if it's more fun and more immersive, I'm on board.

Hockeywarrior hit the nail on the head. When you talk about large scale environments, and proper military doctrine, Arma 2 beats RO2 hands down for realism. When you talk about the sheer act of firing a weapon at someone, RO2 is the most realistic game ever made ;)

And FYI, the MPZB41 isn't in the game. We just put that in the menu to screw with you guys :)

Upvote 0
LOL the devs know that their community is full of rivet counters to hang on every detail. It doesn't take much to screw with us, honestly lol.

They know us too well :p

All they need to set us off is to place a wrong name to screw with us XD

Now just for a few IS-2 references, and it will be official that they know us backwards and forwards.

Upvote 0
They know us too well :p

All they need to set us off is to place a wrong name to screw with us XD

Now just for a few IS-2 references, and it will be official that they know us backwards and forwards.
I'd be incredibly happy if one of the back-of-the-box quotes was:

"The Finest WWII Game of WWII"

-- Book of IS2

Reactions: PNV and C_Gibby
Upvote 0