• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Protection Fault?

Haggle

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Everytime I load the game I either get some sort of runtime error or this:

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2669 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (8585)

General protection fault!

History: SkeletalMeshGet <- USpriteEmitter::UpdateParticles <- AEmitter::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-BioticsLab <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I bought the game, pre-loaded, played it once for about a half hour. Came back the next day to play again and now it's giving me the GPF's or runtime errors.

The only changes I made option-wise was the resolution which was windowed 800x600 that I changed to full screen 1650x1050.

I get the loading 'poster where it says tripwire and killing floor and then a hollow window appears that says killing floor in the top pane and the error appears at this point.

Upvote 0
to bowen just delete your killingfloor.ini that software renderer shouldnt even be there.

to haggle if you delete the ini files and verify integrity of game cache, you should be in the same state as yesterday. When changing to that res. make sure that you set the refreshrate well in the killingfloor.ini. And that you run the latest vidcard drivers and directx

Upvote 0
Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2084 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: Radeon X1650 Series (618)

Failed to enter directx: Can't find file 'directx'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0