• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Performance

KniteWulf

May 14, 2009
After playing for 3 hours or so, I've come across a few bugs. Before you say "Your PC sucks," read my specs at the bottom of this post.

For one, the game will randomly lock for 5 seconds or so and then continue where it left off. Extremely annoying as it only happens during waves (as far as I remember.)

Secondly, after some lock-ups, graphical corruption occurs. Alt-Tabbing fixes the way things look, but I notice my graphics cards are running at their power-save specs after that happens. After force-quitting the process, my computer will CHUG like Thomas the Tank Engine with 1,000 cars trying to go up a 45

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    380 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Its an nvidia issue with Unreal Engine 2.5 games.

Try updating to the latest driver and dx version.
Turn vsync and trilineair filtering or tripple buffering (the one on the left) on as well.
How does UT2.5 handle SLI? I was able to force it through the Nvidia Control Panel, and noticed both cards running at full speed after that, but does the engine actually use both cards? I know it's a dated engine, but SLI has been around for a good bit of time.

Upvote 0
How does UT2.5 handle SLI? I was able to force it through the Nvidia Control Panel, and noticed both cards running at full speed after that, but does the engine actually use both cards? I know it's a dated engine, but SLI has been around for a good bit of time.

It does not support SLi or Crossfire unless the Devs added it. If it's not in their now, then no, it doesn't.

Upvote 0
I also had unusual lag and horribly gameplay try changing the render device to either DIrect3d or software helped me and maybe will help you.
Changing the render device to Direct3D simply ran the game without taking my cards out of power-save mode. I was playing with them running at 300MHz instead of the full 702MHz. Changing it to software gave a General Fault error, and I had to edit KillingFloor.ini to get the render device back to something different.

I've included a KillingFloor.log that was generated after a crash. Have a look through that and let me know what's up.

Upvote 0