• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Game Experience Improvements

Hi devs,

I noticed a few things that deserve to be corrected I think. I make a list of my suggestions :

1. Add Kick/Ban options to menu. Like the kickvote menu but with more options cuz it can be long to type nick in the console with the "admin kick nickname" etc. Ban can't be managed ingame ...

2. I often can't succeed to heal players when I'm medic, not because I'm a noob nor I miss target but cuz the healing charge will reach/hit player, become green (green smoke anim) but nothing happens, it results in a waste of time and a loss of *precious* time.

3. Grenade radius has been highered since latest update which is quite a good thing but even at a good distance and with a decent health you/one will blow up .... It happened to me like 2-3 times in a game. I wasn't that close but I took damage and killed myself. (Maybe a "close to me" ZED made it explode but I don't think so). If you can have a look.

Pheww. Thx for reading and replying.... Sorry for my english but I'm french ! Maybe a few expressions sound horrible but I did my best.

I was about to forget that point :
Please give Medic another "heal" gun .... The one he got is a bit weak and you spend your time reloading. New Horzine Medic Rifle A.K.A. M7A3 made my day but it's blacklisted :/

Let me know. Thx to entire dev team and thx for the mountainpass map ! I used to play it and it really deserved to be a regular one.

Cheers gov'na !

Last edited:
well I don't quite support the Banning option (seems abusable, but whatever you want, I suppose :/).

As for the medic and nade problems, those are just some very annoying glitches. And trust me, we know about them; they are quite irritating.

As for the exploit, please PM a Mod or a Yosh. I would hate to see the thread closed over it (posting exploits is kind of against the rules:eek:)

And for the Jack Carver Medi-Rifle, I suggest supporting it at the "mod to retail" thread, and join the debate. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49254

Upvote 0
The server browser update thing where your choice changes could do with sorting imo.
Couple more server filter options wouldn't go amiss - like game length and map.

Next to player health on tab screen, keep injured green until it goes below say 75%, or add another colour phaps.

Make the pistol light come on in sync with the animation - delay it a little.

Allow (or reveal) a way of changing your skin in game, or even better have an option to assign certain skins to certain perks.
Phaps allow a choice of voice too.

Create a way, phaps with the command menu, of assigning your weapons to the number keys of your choice.
Eg while holding a welder, open menu > assign to slot > 7 and you program the welder to hotkey 7.

Upvote 0
well I don't quite support the Banning option (seems abusable, but whatever you want, I suppose :/).

You can ban anyone from Webadmin panel anyway....
I don't mean a "ban vote" but a "ban menu" for the server admin when ingame ;) I don't often use "ban" though. Session kick in the worst cases.

The server browser update thing where your choice changes could do with sorting imo.
Couple more server filter options wouldn't go amiss - like game length and map.

+1

Create a way, phaps with the command menu, of assigning your weapons to the number keys of your choice.
Eg while holding a welder, open menu > assign to slot > 7 and you program the welder to hotkey 7.

Maybe it can be done editing user.ini file and modify a line like that :

5=SwitchWeapon 5 [Usual way / press once for syringe / twice for welder]
7=SwitchWeapon 5 | SwitchWeapon 5 [Simulate you press it twice, it will allow to pick welder by pressing 7] :confused:

I didn't test it but why won't it work ?

Upvote 0
Maybe it can be done editing user.ini file and modify a line like that :

5=SwitchWeapon 5 [Usual way / press once for syringe / twice for welder]
7=SwitchWeapon 5 | SwitchWeapon 5 [Simulate you press it twice, it will allow to pick welder by pressing 7] :confused:

I didn't test it but why won't it work ?

yeah the ini keybind route should work , but i think a true implemented option would be a good idea as everyone would have an option to customise, adding a personal touch to your loadout.
It would have to be programmed in-game really, to adapt to the many loadout combinations.

seeing as you know about keybind commands/macros, and idea how you could change skins in console, or assign them to perks?

Upvote 0
Here's my list (I accidently made a thread of my own, duh)

Things I would change is:
The added gold star at wave 6. It makes no sense since your icon already turned gold. The star makes it seems like you were level 7 instead.
Firebug grenade changed into a canister to show it's incendiary as there is no incendiary grenade that wields a frag grenade look.
Add an option for server filtering short/medium/long games.
Fix the "add to favorites" in game.
Let the "rank" in server browser display show current perk level.
Allow server admins to force a minimum as well as a maximum level. The way this would work is if the min lvl is 3 but max is 5. Any perk that is 0, 1, 2, or 6 would be greyed out and you would automatically pick the highest lvl perk (you could change it later). I think this is important not only to keep noobs in their appropriate difficulties and allow more "pro games" to be played but to keep high lvl players from joining a normal server thus either simplifying the experience by a lot or reducing the experience of the lower level players as they wont get any "leveling" as all the damage/kills gets taken by the higher perks. Perhaps instead a high lvl player could have his perk reduced to an appropriate level (this could also be a server option, sort of a temporary rollback so friends can still play).

Upvote 0
Quote #1 : It would have to be programmed in-game really, to adapt to the many loadout combinations.

Quote #2 : idea how you could change skins in console, or assign them to perks?

1. I don't want to offence/hurt you but GUI is useless to make combinations. Need time for devs to implement it while they won't correct the rest. Noobs will bind whole keyboard and die from a clot by pressing keys instead of shooting and removing head...

Use you brain and have a look in user.ini man ... You dreamed of it, you did it yourself ! You know what I mean ?

2. I think it's impossible if I understand your request the right way !

Maybe ask to dev team to implement an option to be able to choose BOTH the perk and the skin between waves IF YOU WANT ! Attach a skin to a class/perk will be non-sense :confused:

Just look here for console commands : [url]http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTConsole.htm[/URL]

See => "General console commands" section
I didn't test the others.

< 5 seconds :mad:

Remember KF is based on UT engine. :rolleyes:

=============

Upvote 0
i agree with all of that in varying degrees - some are easier than others to do of course.

regarding the gold star - i would rather it removed and if 1 or 2 levels were to be added perhaps keep 1-5 red icons, then bronze, silver and gold.(with no stars beside them)

add to this a more informative scoreboard (as discussed many times previously)

Also, in the loading screens - remove the hint overlays and actually draw them into the relevant pictures.
Not only will it look smarter, but it would make sense to read about the fleshpound on a picture of the fleshpound, etc.

Upvote 0
up

'Sup guys ? It's been a while that I first posted my requests and I wanted to have news, you know ?

As I can see, tons of update have been released since this topic was opened.
New halloween achievs, Chicken commando character, new character DLC (aka SteamPunk 2 with the GREAT Dj Scully skin, makes me think of Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk) <3.
Links :
[url=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/345/f/b/steampunk_dj_scully_by_atagene-d4iug3f.png]SteamPunk Dj Scully[/URL]
Daft Punk suits

We're actually on the Twisted Christmas event which comes this year with the Xmas specimens skins (elf-clot, reinder-crawler, cookie-gorefast, santa-bloat, snowman-husk, XmasMother-stalker, ****edup homeless-siren, FrostThing-scrake, NutBreaker-fleshpound, WTF is that-patriarch). You already know them if you played the game one year ago at the same period.
I wanted to have your thoughts, forum members, about those skins.
In my opinion, skins like FleshPound and gorefast even crawlers maybe, in their Xmas versions are lame. I mean you barely can shoot 'em right in the face, some kind of hitbox fail doom, sad ...
Miss that point and they're great anyway, lot of laugh inside ... ;)

The Xmas update came with brand new weapons which, contrarely to Zeds skins, will remain (available) when event finished. (Yeah, very good my english is ! lol)
They look pretty good and perks like firebug and commando, which had only 2 and 3 speciality weapons, are given one more spe weapon.
Same for medic perk which had only one spe weapon, now has 2.

Ok. Now, back to the first message. None of the requests were filled.
Can't you fix the grenade and medic stuff ? Ban option would be appreciated too but it concerns a few people.
Now the difficulty has raised with adjustments on hard mode (such as ammo spawn amount, zeds behavior or cash earning and stuff.) and the recent Hell on earth level, those bugs make the game unbalanced ! Zeds have more chance to kill than players have.

A few other features have been suggested on this forum :

-Server filtering with : current map, current game length, current wave (?)

-Custom weapons and tools key assignment
I mean, as commando, you can switch between AK/Bullpup with mouse wheel but you can't do it with AK/SCAR as you have to press a key to pop SCAR !

-Automatic anti-collision during trader time (aka AntiBlocker mutator)

-The "invisible reloading" bug, reloading animation sometimes fails

That's all as far as I remember, atm.
Waiting for members thoughts.

Thanks for reading and replying.

Upvote 0