Gamma !!!!!!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SingeDebile

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
its a bit crazy that in a competitive game there is no way to adjust the gamma in the game settings... i feel kinda silly even positing this here, there is no reason this should not have been a "feature" of the shipped game.

...and i know you can adjust it in the .ini ...but to ask someone to spend half an hour or more going back and forth launching the game then loading a mission is a bit much

as it stands now there are staircases where i find myself in a black hole, and if I make the game any brighter the sandbags start looking even more like clouds in the sun

DiedTrying

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
There was an issue in the beta with players abusing it. It would make guys who are hiding in deep dark caves shine like a beacon from heaven.

SingeDebile

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
There was an issue in the beta with players abusing it. It would make guys who are hiding in deep dark caves shine like a beacon from heaven.

the kind of person doing that won't be as hindered as I am about delving into the .ini to adjust as they see fit (there was also that topic on the general forums a little while back about making the game really easy to distinguish enemies)

melipone

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2006
Yeah for me I can only use between 2 and 3. 2 seems like normal and 3 is too much. With DOF off though I would need more

The difference between default gamma and higher is striking, and probably shouldn't be adjustable