• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [GameType] ZED Survival vs mod

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This is a game mode inspired by Garry's mod Zombie Survival gametype.

Note that this is an early BETA mod, it contains a few flaws and problems and may need to be balanced!

Description
Basically, it is a PvP game type where the objective is to stay as human as long as possible. As humans die they join the zombie team and try to kill the rest of the humans. There are (by default) 6 waves that you have to survive, and the waves are progressed by time and not by how many zombies remain.

At start of game before first wave, the initial zombies are being picked for zombie team by the players closest to zombie spawnpoints (random zed spawn volumes get picked as spawnpoints for the map).
Also while at pre-game time, you can pick your initial weapon loadout (you are however limited by specific amount of weapons/items/traits you can select to start with).

The stock "Trader pods" in maps are NOT usable in this game mode, but instead you have to select "Trader pod" as initial weapon loadout, it is a small deployable trader pod which you can re-pack up at any time to move it around with you.

The gameplay revolves around building barricades to prevent zombies from getting close to you by using the physics props in levels, also remember to get the nailgun (from initial loadout or store) in order to nail them in place. Zombies can destroy the physics props by attacking them, you can use the Welder to repair the nailed down props.
You can pick up physics props by looking at it and press Use key (E). While carrying physics prop you can freeze it in place by pressing Sprint key, and hold down Alt fire to rotate it around with your mouse.
In order to walk through physics props you have to hold down Sprint key to enter phase mode.

As a zombie, if you manage to kill 4 humans, you will redeem back as a human (you'll start with speed traits and dual 9mm's and knife). It is your only way of turning back into a human again after becoming a zombie.

At end of the wave, the zombie that has dealt most damage (both humans and barricades) will be elected to become a boss zombie at beginning of next wave (at 10 seconds remaining mark).

In your HUD you will see a skull meter at bottom of screen, that meter will show the danger level in the area you are standing at, the higher the needle goes, the more zombies/powerful zombies are nearby. Also it is worth mentioning the zombies will receive damage resistance the higher the thread level is (up to 33 %).

As a human you earn dosh for:
- Killing zeds.
- Repairing barricades with welder.
- Taking no damage for a minute.
- Healing other humans.
- Other humans buying goods from your trader pod (5 % commission for each purchase they make).

The mod comes with a built-in bot support (although they are not that good).​

Download links

Installation
- Unpack all the files to <Root folder>/KillingFloor2/KFGame/BrewedPC/ folder with the rest of game packages (except for the KFVSGame.ini which goes to config folder).
- Launch the game mode either:
Solo: - Bring down console with tilde key and type in command Open KF-BioticsLab?Game=ZombieVS.VSGame
Server: - Launch server with URL option ?Game=ZombieVS.VSGame

Video

There is quite a lot into the mod so I might have forgotten to mention something here.

Last edited:
This is a game mode inspired by Garry's mod Zombie Survival gametype.

Note that this is an early BETA mod, it contains a few flaws and problems and may need to be balanced!

Description
Basically, it is a PvP game type where the objective is to stay as human as long as possible. As humans die they join the zombie team and try to kill the rest of the humans. There are (by default) 6 waves that you have to survive, and the waves are progressed by time and not by how many zombies remain.

At start of game before first wave, the initial zombies are being picked for zombie team by the players closest to zombie spawnpoints (random zed spawn volumes get picked as spawnpoints for the map).
Also while at pre-game time, you can pick your initial weapon loadout (you are however limited by specific amount of weapons/items/traits you can select to start with).

The stock "Trader pods" in maps are NOT usable in this game mode, but instead you have to select "Trader pod" as initial weapon loadout, it is a small deployable trader pod which you can re-pack up at any time to move it around with you.

The gameplay revolves around building barricades to prevent zombies from getting close to you by using the physics props in levels, also remember to get the nailgun (from initial loadout or store) in order to nail them in place. Zombies can destroy the physics props by attacking them, you can use the Welder to repair the nailed down props.
You can pick up physics props by looking at it and press Use key (E). While carrying physics prop you can freeze it in place by pressing Sprint key, and hold down Alt fire to rotate it around with your mouse.
In order to walk through physics props you have to hold down Sprint key to enter phase mode.

As a zombie, if you manage to kill 4 humans, you will redeem back as a human (you'll start with speed traits and dual 9mm's and knife). It is your only way of turning back into a human again after becoming a zombie.

At end of the wave, the zombie that has dealt most damage (both humans and barricades) will be elected to become a boss zombie at beginning of next wave (at 10 seconds remaining mark).

In your HUD you will see a skull meter at bottom of screen, that meter will show the danger level in the area you are standing at, the higher the needle goes, the more zombies/powerful zombies are nearby. Also it is worth mentioning the zombies will receive damage resistance the higher the thread level is (up to 33 %).

As a human you earn dosh for:
- Killing zeds.
- Repairing barricades with welder.
- Taking no damage for a minute.
- Healing other humans.
- Other humans buying goods from your trader pod (5 % commission for each purchase they make).

The mod comes with a built-in bot support (although they are not that good).​

Download links

Installation
- Unpack all the files to <Root folder>/KillingFloor2/KFGame/BrewedPC/ folder with the rest of game packages (except for the KFVSGame.ini which goes to config folder).
- Launch the game mode either:
Solo: - Bring down console with tilde key and type in command Open KF-BioticsLab?Game=ZombieVS.VSGame
Server: - Launch server with URL option ?Game=ZombieVS.VSGame

Video

There is quite a lot into the mod so I might have forgotten to mention something here.

Thanks again Marco, this is pretty spectacular. I hopped into the server last night and it was pretty fun!

Either way, amazing work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank You Marco! Been waitin for this. Now if only Tripwire would fix broken redirects due to patch 1023.

I just updated my server side of things, and everything seems broken. I didn't change anything after updating and I'm getting a weird error.

Code:
[0002.59] Log:  Address = 0x27d4ed0  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x27dec17  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x210a680  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x1d6ac6a  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x217873b  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2180509  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2195200  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2878d5a  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2806393  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x280743d  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x280750a  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x28075c1  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2a6458b  (filename not found)
        Address = 0xf332d92  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x111a9f64 (filename not found)

[0002.59] Log:
[0002.59] Log: LoadMap: kf-bioticslab?Name=Player?Team=255?adminpassword=123
[0002.64] Log:  Address = 0x27d4ed0  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x282bf09  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x219a902  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x21962ea  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2893b65  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x21955ac  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2878d5a  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2806393  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x280743d  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x280750a  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x28075c1  (filename not found)
        Address = 0x2a6458b  (filename not found)
        Address = 0xf332d92  (filename not found)

Any idea? Couldn't find anything on google or reddit.

Upvote 0
I just updated my server side of things, and everything seems broken. I didn't change anything after updating and I'm getting a weird error.
I get the same weird error spam on log at server start, but everything still works as it should so no idea...

Whenever I click "settings" to bring up KF2 settings, I can't return from the game's original settings menu. Have to reconnect to the server every time.
*Gasp* ServerExt had the same problem a while back too, no idea how I fixed it back then, will have to look into it.

How can I jump the player slots up to 64?
Set on server bootup URL: ?MaxPlayers=64

Upvote 0
lol I didnt even think to try that.
rolleyes.gif

Is there anyway to modify zombie health to give the game more balance against killer aimbots?

Upvote 0
lol I didnt even think to try that.
rolleyes.gif

Is there anyway to modify zombie health to give the game more balance against killer aimbots?

I've found a good work around for the bots. I've set the zombie rate to 15% and upped the bot spawn count to 64. I've seen positive results for this. However, I don't think there will be much of a balance for the bots since they do aimbot. Best suggestion I think would be to hope for a larger player-base or configure the game mode around a smaller amount of players.

Upvote 0
Hi Marco,

My JW server has crashed several times, this error log FYR, thanks !

[2768.45] ScriptWarning: Accessed None
VSGame KF-Farmhouse.TheWorld:persistentLevel.VSGame_0
Function KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Survival:WaveStarted:02B7
[2813.70] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Instigator'
VSWeap_Syringe KF-Farmhouse.TheWorld:persistentLevel.VSWeap_Syringe_2
Function ZombieVS.VSWeap_HealerBase:HealAmmoRegeneration:00A5
[2829.89] Log: UAnimNodeSequence::SetAnim : Not safe to call SetAnim from inside a Notify. AnimName: None, Owner: VS_ZedClot_Alpha_262
[2830.28] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Upvote 0
Updated this mod:
- Made it work in latest KF2 version
- Added some enemies from Half-Life 2 pack (namely headcrabs and fast zombies)
- Altered crawlers to be wall climbers rather then long jumpers like fast zombies are now.
- Made several smaller bugfixes and tweaks.

I didn't bother posting a direct download link this time, you can simply subscribe to the workshop item (either with server or client), and don't forget to subscribe to the HL2 monster pack too (because it uses assets from that one aswell).

Upvote 0