• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gametrailers new vid

hahahaha, I was trolled like crazy when I clicked the link in a new tab, heard the sounds, switched over to look and saw BF3-footage.

First couple of seconds my brain goes like Rocco in "Boondock Saints" when he walks into the shot up hotel-room.

Yeah, cool gameplay footage! The bayo-stab looked unpleasant to say the least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you played beta, or just seen the same footage/screens that led me to ask these questions?

I asked if I could turn the weapon info, personal info, and green name hud displays off in my settings. Not what effect realism/semi-realism servers will have on my HUD.

Secondly I doubt they removed the magazine(weapon info), and siloutte(personal info) for Realism, considering that was default in Red Orchestra(Meaning you had to un-check it.) And like I implied, since the game has been made more accesible, how would these be removed for HoS realism mode, when they are the standard for realism in the original and you have to un-check them?

I just don't see why you needed to respond like I'm completley ignorant.

A short 'I meant client-side, you must have misinterpreted my post' would be sufficient.
Then I could just say I am sorry and we're cool:cool:

Upvote 0
Looked fantastic.

Loved seeing the troops scurrying across the street in the distance while the tank lobs shells at them.
1z736tl.gif

Upvote 0
Really nice gameplay video.
One off the wall question though. I've noticed after seeing the logo a few times now that the words "Heroes of Stalingrad" and the 2 look rather pixelated. Almost as if who ever made it used a low res picture of the words to put the whole image together. I say this because I work as the head of video production at a local marketing firm, so this is an issue I run into often when making videos, so I notice this kind of thing...I'm just wondering why on earth a pro dev team would do that? Considering the rest of the logo looks crisp and high res...

I know it doesn't matter, but I'm just curious.
Either way, I think I just converted my PS3/COD exclusive brother with this video. He thinks it looks "awesome".

Upvote 0
The best video yet.

I really like the sounds. Very nicely done. Opening/closing the hatch of the tanks looks amazing as well.

What I don't like is how visible the name tags above the players is. You can see a players name from a rather far distance at 0:53. Is this relaxed realism mode?
The footage is from relaxed realism, realism mode has no nametags, unless you aim at the person, just like Ro1
Dont quote me on this, but thats just what i would think.

Upvote 0
Will we have the option to turn it off and go "bare bones/nothing but gun in my hands"?

Don't think anyone has asked that. And I like being able to play RO without even the ammo loaded indicator, ect.

I saw the option for turning manual loading on, so I'm was a bit worried that the most "bare-bones" we can get is the default RO HUD with player/weapon info.

So basicly can we hide hud, un-check weapon/personal info? And hide those un-godly green names/rank badges?
I am pretty sure that in Realism mode there wont be nametags & in options i bet there is a "hud" tab that allows you to customize the hud elements just like RO1, we dont see this on the options screenshots zips posted but hey, its just a beta they might add it later :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0