• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gametrailers new vid

I wonder this too... also, Radar Compasses?!?!?!? C'mon guys....

Oh good grief... it is NOT "radar". It shows you your team-mates who are in close contact ONLY. No enemies.

Fantastic sounds... Can't wait til I can listen to them one by one. :) The thing I like about them is that you seem to have chosen (atleast some) the original weapon sound-recordings from the field. That's what makes it realistic to my ears.

Animations also look top notch! Jesus I've waited for so long... :)

As John said - thanks to the sounds team, plus thanks the armorers who had pretty much every weapon in game :)

I am very eager to play after seeing this video. The cover system makes player movement much more realistic, and the bayonet animation was amazing!
The only thing remaining that worries me a bit is that automatic weapons seem way more prevalent than in RO1, or is that just to tease CoD and other more casual players?

The latter :)

Upvote 0
Holy **** this is epic! I really cannot wait!

vg64942yeswordscannotex.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am very eager to play after seeing this video. The cover system makes player movement much more realistic, and the bayonet animation was amazing!
The only thing remaining that worries me a bit is that automatic weapons seem way more prevalent than in RO1, or is that just to tease CoD and other more casual players?

Prevalence of automatic weapons is needed in a trailer, mainly because seeing someone aim for a minute is not that effective in pumping a friend with adrenalin and excitement:D

Upvote 0
Oh good grief... it is NOT "radar". It shows you your team-mates who are in close contact ONLY. No enemies.

Will we have the option to turn it off and go "bare bones/nothing but gun in my hands"?

Don't think anyone has asked that. And I like being able to play RO without even the ammo loaded indicator, ect.

I saw the option for turning manual loading on, so I'm was a bit worried that the most "bare-bones" we can get is the default RO HUD with player/weapon info.

So basicly can we hide hud, un-check weapon/personal info? And hide those un-godly green names/rank badges?

Upvote 0
Finally a great ingame movie. I really like the atmosphere and enviroment like the grainelevator interior and ruined buildings.
I really want to see more.

Someone post this on bf3 forums and troll them lololol.

Can someone explain the value of this. Did i miss something ?
Total different games and engines.

Just focus on RO HOS why troll them.

Upvote 0
Will we have the option to turn it off and go "bare bones/nothing but gun in my hands"?

Don't think anyone has asked that. And I like being able to play RO without even the ammo loaded indicator, ect.

I saw the option for turning manual loading on, so I'm was a bit worried that the most "bare-bones" we can get is the default RO HUD with player/weapon info.

So basicly can we hide hud, un-check weapon/personal info? And hide those un-godly green names/rank badges?

That basically describes the realism setting:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That basically describes the realism setting:rolleyes:

Have you played beta, or just seen the same footage/screens that led me to ask these questions?

I asked if I could turn the weapon info, personal info, and green name hud displays off in my settings. Not what effect realism/semi-realism servers will have on my HUD.

Secondly I doubt they removed the magazine(weapon info), and siloutte(personal info) for Realism, considering that was default in Red Orchestra(Meaning you had to un-check it.) And like I implied, since the game has been made more accesible, how would these be removed for HoS realism mode, when they are the standard for realism in the original and you have to un-check them?

I just don't see why you needed to respond like I'm completley ignorant.

Upvote 0
The gun sounds do make it so vibrantly exciting, fresh, packing that oompf that was akin to RO1.

But what's even more so great is the dynamic battle audio, not unlike found in that there BATTLEFIELD bc 2 under 'war tapes'.

I was so sick of hearing the same warcries in RO1 that i had to turn down the sfx. But this time, yo, glad this time around ( which you'll hear clearly in TOTALBISCUIT'S VIDEO) you can really see the soldier's distinctive throes and painful cries.

It's good sh! dawg! Needless to say.

Seen this trailer about 14 times now. No joke, it would be unfunny.

Upvote 0