• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamespy Interrogation Room on RO2:HoS

Dere rattus!

Long time no see!
Hope we will play together again, maybe even as "O5" when there will be a tournament. :)

@topic: Thanks for the link, good read.
Hmmm...this part makes me wonder a little bit. Complete lack of AA?
"Blinding bloom"...so much for the hope, that it was the fault of the camera recording, that the hands were glowing. :)
"I noticed a few issues with blinding bloom, and a complete lack of anti-aliasing. While the bloom will no doubt be fixed, Unreal Engine 3 has issues with anti-aliasing, and it takes a smart developer to get it working. Let's hope the folks behind Red Orchestra 2 are Einsteins in that regard."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dere rattus!

Long time no see!
Hope we will play together again, maybe even as "O5" when there will be a tournament. :)

@topic: Thanks for the link, good read.
Hmmm...this part makes me wonder a little bit. Complete lack of AA?
"Blinding bloom"...so much for the hope, that it was the fault of the camera recording, that the hands were glowing. :)
"I noticed a few issues with blinding bloom, and a complete lack of anti-aliasing. While the bloom will no doubt be fixed, Unreal Engine 3 has issues with anti-aliasing, and it takes a smart developer to get it working. Let's hope the folks behind Red Orchestra 2 are Einsteins in that regard."

He was using a laptop the play the game on.

Besides AA works in UT3 & Mass Effect. There is also lots of AA applied in the RO 2 screenshots so I would not panic.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A reasonable review if a little inaccurate in places..

The bloom in-game looks nothing like that from the cam nor can it be described "Blinding"..Seems to me that his grfx setting were a bit crappy on his machine.

But they seemed to have enjoyed their time playing and are looking forward to the games full release which in my opinion are the most important things.:D

Upvote 0
i like the way they talk about realism/one shot one kill fps games as some kind of weird, niche thing designed for a tiny community of mil-sim freaks.:rolleyes:

I never got how it ended up that war games should allow you to jump up and down like a kangaroo, fire rpg's like a six-shooter and take the kind of damage and yet live that would make Rocky proud.

On topic: a bizarre and incoherent review but i think it was, in the end, fairly positive...let's see if it mirrors how the average cod/bf player sees it on release.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiC-Disaster
Upvote 0
Aren't you just itching to tell everyone how the game is, but can't? :D

But I can tell you how the game is Moe..It's F*****G Awesome..lol

But I'm afraid that will be of little comfort to those merchants of doom on these forums of late..Because its not RO1 with a new engine..lol..Instead its much much better..;)

Reactions: Ossius and Nikita
Upvote 0