• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Games with best dialogue / monologue, or otherwise great story

Undisputables, not necessarily in that order:
- Deus Ex 1
- System Shock 1 & 2
- BioShock

Disputes, just food for thought:
- Starcraft, for being one of the first RTS that tried to have character development and a storyline with twists etc...
- GRAW, for being a tactical shooter that bothered to have a decent story and actually telling it too (R6 games were somewhat lazy)
- Sam and Max games, I personally don't like them that much, but my brothers think their dialogues are super hilarious.

I don't know why some here think Bioshock's story was so crappy. While I agree it wasn't the most original story ever, it certainly was very good. I mean there's not a whole lot of games that deal with stuff like objectivism and I bet Bioshock made a lot of people think and read up on the subject. An achievement these days, I'd say. The character of Andrew Ryan, esp. the voice acting, was absolutely brilliant and on a level beyond what you typically see in a video game. And the world as such was easily among the best and most round designs I've ever seen in a game.

Upvote 0
If your into a few math puzzles and a bit reading and stalking using a hi-tech but apparently 30+ year old security system.-:D
-The Experiment 112-
-Deusex, was a awesome game for its time its too bad the sequel was so terrible and well simplified.
I like the Line in the intro:

"Aquinas spoke of a mythical city on the hill soon that city will be a reality and we will be crowned its kings or better than kings.....Gods."

Last edited:
Upvote 0