• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Games with best dialogue / monologue, or otherwise great story

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
What are the games that have some of the better monologue (ie the protagonist tells a story) or dialogue ever? After all, it's always good if the characters in games have some sort of substance to it. I feel this is rather neglected in a lot of games.

So let's try to make a list. Games with a deep, intelligent storyline are welcome too.
  1. Max Payne
  2. Deus Ex
  3. Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in NA)
  4. Monkey Island games
  5. Some of the classic adventure games
  6. Brothers In Arms (yes, I know you guys love to hate BiA, but they definitely gave the characters some personality... they weren't just 'shooting machines').
  7. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (great voice acting, great character development)
That's all I can think of for now....

Last edited:
Oh, and i loved Operation Flashpoint's story as well, together with Red Hammer's and Resistance's story!
One of the reasons being that OFP was one of the first wargames ever to come with a 'personal' story to it, instead of just mission after mission with no real character to it. Guess thats the biggest disappointment for me in Armed Assault, but i understand they are picking up storytelling again for ArmA2, so we'll see.
But even then, the storylines are good :)

Upvote 0