• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games that should have (more) sequels

Morowind came with my Geforce4TI a while back...
Looked like a good game, I gave it 20 minutes...

Made a Hot sexy Female character... bla bla bla
Go there
Bla bla bla... dont attaque the nights

I attaqued the nights... I got killed

Control Pannel => add remove programs => Uninstall

(Just not for me... too time consuming) but I am certain its an excellent game.

Upvote 0
What about the final fantasy games :confused: Yea, 10 was major crap, havent played 12 but it looks like 9 (more like the old style, like the 1,2,5), and 13 looks like utter crap (the recent ones are turning super Japanese).

But what about the Awesome ones? Final fantasy 3/6 has to be the best (absolute best storyline Ive ever seen) and Final fantasy 7 was just as great. I did like 8, even though the story was a little weird, but I would love to see a sequel done in the style of 3/6 or 7, or even a mix of two.

Last I heard, there were rumors going around about a remake of Final Fantasy 7 for PS3.

And what about a sequel to secret of mana?

Upvote 0
Check my first post. Some people just didn't like Oblivion and are afraid that they'll make Fallout's gameplay similar as in the Elder Scrolls series. I prefer the original style of play by Black Isle and I really hope they keep it.

I'm in the same boat. Oblivion wasn't a 'terrible game' in and of itself, but when you compare it to the masterpiece that Morrowind is (and yes, it takes a LOOOONG time, PermenentMarker) it's not as good. And, well, it's consolified. The menu system is gimped like a mofo for the sake of the 360.

Fallout 3, if they *do* try something new, will have to be flawless. Fallout fans are rabid.

*gets the bat ready and looks up Bethesda's address*

:eek:
What?!

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. Oblivion wasn't a 'terrible game' in and of itself, but when you compare it to the masterpiece that Morrowind is (and yes, it takes a LOOOONG time, PermenentMarker) it's not as good. And, well, it's consolified. The menu system is gimped like a mofo for the sake of the 360.

Fallout 3, if they *do* try something new, will have to be flawless. Fallout fans are rabid.

*gets the bat ready and looks up Bethesda's address*

:eek:
What?!

Heh, I just spent time reading the "No Mutants Allowed" forums which concentrate mostly on Fallout. Most of the forum users have given up hope on FO3 and are getting ready to bash and flame Bethesda as soon as the game is released.

I'd really love to see a worthy sequel... But since FO3 will probably be made for consoles too, it'll probably be just a hack n' slash cave loot just like Oblivion.

:rolleyes: And Bethesda is know to live up to their promises:

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15427

Upvote 0
Metal Gear Solid series.

Sgt.Rock: As great as the final fantasy series were, I think they need to stop producing them until they hire some proper people again. 10 left me with a sour taste in my mouth and I haven't touched any of the games that came after 10(COME ON! X-2?). 10 is also the only game in the series I never saw fit to play through an extra time.

Upvote 0
Why are good FPS horror games so neglected? It's like everyone suddenly forgot about the horror genre. I guess most people don't like playing horrific games from 9:00 to 2:00am like me. Ah well.

If you want a good horro game, that is fps, then buy the Call of Cthulhu game. It's has a great athmosphere and those sanity effects are nice. It is very creepy if you play it during the night :D

And I think that a little masterpiece called Jagged Alliance 2 would deserve a proper sequel. Maybe some 3d graphics, but the same principle and a way larger map, more possible endings and more weapons etc. Jagged alliance 2 is so old that it has problems running on anything newer than 2004 :mad:

Upvote 0
If you want a good horro game, that is fps, then buy the Call of Cthulhu game. It's has a great athmosphere and those sanity effects are nice. It is very creepy if you play it during the night :D

And I think that a little masterpiece called Jagged Alliance 2 would deserve a proper sequel. Maybe some 3d graphics, but the same principle and a way larger map, more possible endings and more weapons etc. Jagged alliance 2 is so old that it has problems running on anything newer than 2004 :mad:

JA 2 still runs on any of my computers with no probloems.
JA3 and JA3D (basically a JA

Upvote 0