• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games that should have (more) sequels

Real sequals to Ghost Recon 1 and Raven Shield.

that, and another sequel to Battlezone 1, the first person RTS/shooter game.
the only thing i liked about Battlezone 2 was that their was infinite biometal to collect from pools, instead of only scraps of biometal in fields or from destroyed vehicles. at least i hated that in multiplayer.
but next to that, BZ2 is **** in the basebuilding since everything has to be connected = less dynamic bases, and the horrible AI.
The AI in BZ1 were really accurate and so a charge of soviets was scaring.
The AI in BZ2 is really inaccurate, they cant hit anything at range, or close range, and just fly around a bit.
Each time the Golem from BZ1 lumbered into view it scared the **** out of you because it was a ****ing monster at killing your troops and molesting your base. Then walked in 2 once, and i needed all my skills and troops to get them down, circlestrafing while they tried to keep up with you and shoot you. it was not at all easy though.
in BZ2 you could just stand still and let your weapons rip, and the damn thing will probably hit you once but that's about it.
+ i like the story of BZ1 more, of america vs russia in a space race during the sixties, cold war, to get the special biometal so the forces on earth wouldnt dare attack the other nation thanks to superior armor. and there was a great twist at the end of the game wich i really didnt expect at all and rocked :p
BZ2 just has some lame aliens, the Scions.

I want, no, NEED another Battlezone game. the mix of FPS and RTS is just unique, and the control scheme for this went deep but was really accessable.
Next to Operation Flashpoint the greatest game ive after played, and RO ofcourse :p

Upvote 0
Ooga Booga: An amazingly creative and silly Dreamcast game made by Sega. You played as one of four island tribes battling for the respect of the goddess Ooga Booga, each with its own distinctive traits. Weapons included shrunken heads (which grew on trees!), pissed off wild boars, enchanted turret-like tikis, fireballs, missile heads, tornadoes, and the ever popular Meteor Storm ("Oooooga BOOMBA!")! It was crazy deathmatch and cooperative action on a bunch of different islands, with a ton of unlockable characters and tons of crazy catch-phrases.

If you've ever wanted to see Abraham Lincoln beat the Grim Reaper down with a bunch of fiery shrunken heads and then take off on a wild boar to mow down a Pirate, this game is for you.

Beyond Good and Evil: One of my favorite games of the Gamecube/PS2 generation, it combined an excellent sci-fi story with beautiful character art, a very complete explorable world, a good soundtrack, and some of the best voice acting I've seen. It didn't sell well, which is unfortunate - it's a world and a group of characters that I'd love to revisit.

Alice: Maybe not an Alice sequel per se, but I'd like to see a game that took child's fairy tales and spun them into something horrific. This game had such an amazing grotesque atmosphere, from the skinny, ravenous Cheshire cat to the acid-trip-gone-awry Mad Hatter's world. For me the most horrific thing was discovering that the mechanized enemies you had been killing for level after level were in fact children who had been grafted into mechanized bodies...

Upvote 0
I guess I should have done my homework...

I was talking about

X-Wing VS Tie Fighter...

X-Wing was the first one... for a 486 running dos
Tie fighter was the sequal... again for a 486 running dos

Then they killed it by making X-Wing vs Tie fighter... that would run on a 233 with 32mb ram and windows ???

After that... I just forgot about it...

I will look up the X-Wing Alliance...
(thanks for the info)

Are you kidding? XvT was the mutts nuts online. Did anyone else play it way back?

Uh... Blade Runner would be cool for a sequel, Syndicate Wars too.

Upvote 0
I've been quite disappointed in the quality of the newest PC games: only a couple of them are capable of keeping hooked for more than 5 minutes. As stated in the "Curse of 1337 graphics" thread, the visuals seem to have much more value to the developers than actual gameplay, plot and the overall mood of the game. So, I'd like to list a few games that really should have sequels because of their sheer creativeness, fun factor and top notch quality.

Aliens Vs. Predator 2

Fallout 2

Outcast

I'll add some more to the wishlist later, write up your own sequel requests or comment on mine. :D

Yes. I would love also to see more from these games!!!!

AvP3 on the Doom3 or unreal3 engine, with a story as good and crepy like the old AvP1+2!

Fallout 2 with the Silent Storm (or even better) engine. That would rock!

I also would love to see more games around Jagged Alliance (the first and second game rocked)

but maybe when AvP2 arrives in the cimenas, we will se a new game also!

also some new Jedy Knights game with some new great engine would be great !

Upvote 0