• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games that should have (more) sequels

RO

Sid Meirs' Pirates! (Horribly addictive)

Mech Warrior II Mercenaries (My favourite of them all)

Tie Fighter Wars (Fly for the Empire!)

Sequal to Man O' War II (Age of Sail game but without the overhead god view. It was all deck persepective and real time. Large Multi Player games were a hoot.)

Blood Bowl (Sword & Sorcery Football game based on the GW Miniatures game.)

Upvote 0
I've been quite disappointed in the quality of the newest PC games: only a couple of them are capable of keeping hooked for more than 5 minutes. As stated in the "Curse of 1337 graphics" thread, the visuals seem to have much more value to the developers than actual gameplay, plot and the overall mood of the game. So, I'd like to list a few games that really should have sequels because of their sheer creativeness, fun factor and top notch quality.

Aliens Vs. Predator 2

One of the most atmospheric FPS games I've ever played. The aliens and predators are very characteristic creatures and being able to play them makes the game twice as awesome. The multiplayer modes of this game have so much potential: I remember having a blast with 2-3 marines battling against one predator. Of course the game lacks our beloved iron sights and had some really unbalanced weapons (like the spear gun which you could actually use to snipe every marine without giving away your invisibility cloak) but the gameplay still rocked and still rocks. I'm thinking of installing this gem on my computer again as soon as I get my GPU back. Too bad the netcode is somewhat laggy and the graphics start to feel a bit outdated aswell. I really want to see AvP 3 with improved graphics, maybe iron sights, more gadgets for marines and predators, more swift movement for aliens, better netcode and a bit more balanced weapons. Other than that, you really wouldn't need to do much to make a new awesome sequel to this series.

Fallout 2

The best RPG I've ever played. So much immersion, such a great story and a good combat system. I'm not pleased at all to hear that Bethesda Softworks is making the third game of this series. If it turns out to be a sandbox FPS RPG with a clich

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A proper sequel to Deus Ex would be fantastic, I'd have really liked an expansion or something that allowed you to continue working for UNATCO. Fat chance though.
Yup Deus Ex is another hall of famer, one of the most incredible games I've ever played. The sequel? Heard it was a shell of it's former self. NOLF? another classic inspired one of a kind. The sequel? Well I never bought it, my brother had it and said it wasn't as good as the first which supports all the reviews that said similar things. I really like the thief series but that idiotic bow & arrow ruins it for me, it's like a toy bow & arrow that can't even fire a plastic arrow with a suction cup 20 feet. IF they fixed that I would get Thief3. 2 more horror games that are great are Nocturne and Blair Witch(rustin parr) creepy creepy atmosphere. Yeah the first Resident Evil is CLASSIC that was my first real horror game back on Playstation1. As was mentioned the sequels to RE were no where near as frightening.There's a common trend here with sequels and it's not a good one.

Upvote 0
a remake of Tie Fighter VS X-Wing

XWing was alright
Tie fighter was amazing

Tie Fighter Vs Xwing ****ED

It has soooo much potential for multiplayer and gameplay...
the latest version simply killed the entire series...

Xwing Alliance with the Upgrade Project. Unless you're referring to Alliance?

Considering that the bow is far more a tool than it is a weapon, I find it suits me just fine, Quietus. It's a stealth game ;)

Upvote 0
Xwing Alliance with the Upgrade Project. Unless you're referring to Alliance?

Considering that the bow is far more a tool than it is a weapon, I find it suits me just fine, Quietus. It's a stealth game ;)

I guess I should have done my homework...

I was talking about

X-Wing VS Tie Fighter...

X-Wing was the first one... for a 486 running dos
Tie fighter was the sequal... again for a 486 running dos

Then they killed it by making X-Wing vs Tie fighter... that would run on a 233 with 32mb ram and windows ???

After that... I just forgot about it...

I will look up the X-Wing Alliance...
(thanks for the info)

Upvote 0