• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games that made you cry?

We all know that sometimes you might be able to shed a tear or two while watching a movie, but how about while playing a game?

I have to admit I cried in the ending of Planescape: Torment
Not because the game ended (well maybe partly) but because of the music, and just the whole story that unfolded.. The whole game was just perfect (okay maybe not Combat, but still)

" So true. What I like about it most is that it makes you feel special, like it was meant for you alone to experience."

For those of you who have never played this game, go youtube it and listen to some of the music, BUT DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO CUTSCENES... It'll ruin more than give you if you ever decide to play it :p

When Aeris dies? I was heartbroken.

lol shhh!
i just deleted thinking maybe there's someone who hadn't played yet, but there's probably no-one who would play it that hasn't already.
but hey if there isn't sod 'em anyway............

Theres a 'most moving game moment?' thread somewhere, inspired by a scene from homeworld, which may have made a few precious souls well up.
I think if you asked across the gaming community for a most moving scene, or a game that made you cry, very high up on the list would be that moment from Final fantasy VII

and yes, very sad and very unexpected.

Upvote 0
i tend to get sad whenever captain/major price gets killed in the CoD series but thats coz i hav ultimate respect for the tash...i remember something making me upset in oblivion. and cried with laughter a few times on games (sam & max, DOTT?)...other than that i cried at how truly awful some games have been.

Upvote 0
i tend to get sad whenever captain/major price gets killed in the CoD series but thats coz i hav ultimate respect for the tash...i remember something making me upset in oblivion. and cried with laughter a few times on games (sam & max, DOTT?)...other than that i cried at how truly awful some games have been.

You cried when he died in CoD?... okay that's very odd, I just shrugged my shoulders :D

Upvote 0
Got all choked up:

MGS When Sniper wolf got whacked.

MGS2 When Otakon was talking about his step-mom. :D

Call of Cthulhu When you get the little girl killed by accident and the father comes home to find her.

Half-Life 2 Episode 1 When Barney once again loses his chance to score with Alex because Gordon-asshole-Freeman is always around these days.

Upvote 0