• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamers Global article: Gamescon 2010

nice article

it kind of eases my fears about the gamey-ness of the recon plane, and explains the hero system a bit.
but the article makes it sound like you will need x amount of exp to become a hero, and that heroes give morale boosts. I'm worried that 5 years down the line each team will be full of "heroes" so these rare weapons will be overused and the morale boost is useless as everyone gets it
IMO there sould be a dynamic ranking system where the top 1% of players are heroes at any given time, and recent scores are weighted more than scores from a year ago, with all scores from over a year ago ignored

Upvote 0
it may sound nice to you but in practice it will be abused to hell, you will see people just running around, raking up kills, dying and not caring for anything else just for the sake of getting a rank, medal or some other useless ****

this is one of the major things that will kill the ro gameplay in hos

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it may sound nice to you but in practice it will be abused to hell, you will see people just running around, raking up kills, dying and not caring for anything else just for the sake of getting a rank, medal or some other useless ****

I'm pretty sure you'll get more points for doing the objectives than for frags.

Upvote 0

I thought it was stated that doing objectives gets you exp, rather than killing. Or at least significantly more. At least in RO:Ost you got more points from capturing objectives rather than just killing people.

Upvote 0