• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay, are you happy?

Gameplay, are you happy?

• I'm newcomer and I'm happy!

Votes: 67 15.9%
  • I'm newcomer and I'm not.

Votes: 27 6.4%
  • I'm RO:O vet and I'm happy!

Votes: 148 35.1%
  • I'm RO:O vet and I'm not!

Votes: 180 42.7%

• Total voters

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Hello, I'd like to ask you one simple question: regarding RO2 gameplay, are you happy?

Devs mentioned many times, that they want to make game more accessible for new players but, also fun and challenging for RO veterans. I wonder how they did it with RO2.

Also please vote regarding gameplay only, NOT bugs or performance issues.

Last edited:
Watch the Stalingrad documentary, you'll see that, because of the bombing and destruction of Stalingrad, the fights were random skirmishes much like modern insurgency missions today. The features and components are good (even though I would add a few and remove a few) but it's the design of the battlefields that really changed game play style from RO1 to RO2.

Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
Upvote 0
Not really one for a poll: everyone's probably got their own opinion on this that doesn't quite fit happy/not happy.

I like the gameplay, but am looking forward to some new maps that add a bit more variety in terms of type of engagement/distances of engagement/some proper combined arms maps with sorted tanks.

Upvote 0
Partially happy. The game is definitely more accessible to new players, but TWI added some features that really weren't needed. I think they thought it would draw in more customers when all that was needed was good solid gameplay. I think the game can still be great, but it really does need those tweaks to make it so such as better realism settings.

Upvote 0
For me the accuracy has diminished. I love pixel hunting and hitting moving targets with a bolt action. I only ever use a bolt action in game and the hit detection has some serious issues.

In RO1 if you aimed properly you were guaranteed a kill but in RO2 those same shots are either missing or not registering?

Not sure what the issue is?

I always listen for the definite hit sound of flesh and even with dead on shots they just don't hit anything and using the exact same shot again or several times, one usually does the job but when using a bolt you very rarely can get to a second, third or fourth shot. The first usually always has to count and it's just not doing so in RO2 compared to RO1.

I have a very distinct style of play and it's very hard to replicate in RO2 compared to RO1.

Just my opinion. Need to fix hit detection so that it's more like RO1 was. Other than that, the game is incredible and a huge improvement over RO1.

Upvote 0
I'm not an RO Vet. I have played it, and I did enjoy it. I just never really gave it much time as other games and other things happening in my life took my time (didn't help that my gaming community never picked it up either).

Perhaps because I'd played it though, I was expecting a more semi-serious WWII shooter.

Currently it's not much different from CoD4 in Hardcore mode, just lacking the polish and refined gameplay & maps coupled with some large issues, the biggest is the big hit detection problems at close range (under 20m) which is almost game ruining*.

The game does have promise. I just hope Tripwire are man enough to admit some of their design decisions were wrong and alter some parts of the game (attribute boosts being tied into stats being one). It could then be rather brilliant.

*If it's true that firing under 20m uses hitscan methods instead of the proper ballistics model for performance reasons, then I'd rather have a proper ballistics model from 0m and take the performance hit, because at least it'll bloody work and also live up to the promise of realistic weapon physics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am very happy with the gameplay, although sometimes I admit it's too fast paced, leading to some rushing which unfortunately becomes more of a necessity than a choice.

Certain maps demand constant movement and very quick, improvised strategic thinking, which is not (I have not played RO:OST, this comes from all I've read arround here) what most vet's hoped to find in this game, when oposed to RO:OST's raw warfare with a slow pace, alot of tension and calmly, well planed tactics.

I'm not saying either is better, but I belive that due to the ammount of automatic weapons the game's pace goes up a notch and this is sometimes a bit annoying, as the said rush becomes very common on most servers, and it's more of a game mechanism than a players choice.

Upvote 0
I'm a happy newcommer. The only things that irk me are the pathing especialy with tanks that can't run over things they should. Further more, not being able to go prone close to objects and other glichy graphics stuff with infantry.

The hit detection is bad sometimes making me die more often then I should, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0