• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay, are you happy?

Gameplay, are you happy?

• I'm newcomer and I'm happy!

Votes: 67 15.9%
  • I'm newcomer and I'm not.

Votes: 27 6.4%
  • I'm RO:O vet and I'm happy!

Votes: 148 35.1%
  • I'm RO:O vet and I'm not!

Votes: 180 42.7%

• Total voters
No, I am not happy with the game.

No offense, but what's the point of playing a accesible Red Orchestra when there are hundreds of other games out there that does exactly all this hundreds of times better than RO2?

No, RO OST was special because It went it's own way, it was't about being like this or that, it was about being Red Orchestra, and that's why I got stuck with it- because it was completely unique and could't be compared to any other game. RO OST gave a extremely diffrent experience. It was fresh and extremely innovative. It was like the first time I played COD 1, or the first time I played Operation Flashpoint: Cold war crisis - you could feel that it was a lot of passion behind all this.

Sorry, but if the game want to look for another audience it loses the whole reason why it was created in the first place. If I want it to be diffrent I just play a diffrent game. The reason why admire Tripwire and Bohemia Interactive is because they aren't sellouts. They stick to what they do. They give a lot of support.

In my opinion all games should stick to their roots and not forget their background. Games that do so, I do not play. I want innovation and not copies of other games. What I care about is the game itself, and the community. With the community I mean like us that are giving feedback to Tripwire, people that are active with the community. People that download the game illegaly and play it for a few hours, posts some complaints on the board and leave, I do not care about. The community and the game is everything IMO.

While RO2 in general is an amazing game It's direction have made me lose a little bit of respect for Tripwire - and sadly enough - I can't simply enjoy RO2. However, the story doesn't end here, so I am not going to say much more than this: We can only wait and see. Things may change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Things I'd like to see removed
-Mkb/avt40 for commander only

It would be extremely silly to give a rare weapon to the exact class that isn't supposed to engage enemies, but support the team by calling in artillery, recon plane and force respawning.
Instead give it to Elite Assault, and limit Elite assault to one or two guys per server

-drop the stat system. whats the point honestly? I don't get a ton of time to play and thus I don't want to 'grind' to get a gun unlock

A sense of progress that many of us like, the fact that you don't is understandable though. I don't think that we should remove features to please the people that invest little time into the game.

Upvote 0
We can only wait and see. Things may change.

They may change, but the bigger question is: Who is going to be around to see the changes? RO2 drops as low as 600 players at times. Anyone without rose-tinted glasses can see that that number is atrociously small for a AAA-marketed title.

As for me, the game is just feels like another run-n-gun shooter. It just feels like it's up there with all those other games which I shall not name. I just feel like what I'm doing is pointless and meaningless and it gets boring very quickly. The guns are lightning fast and responsive, and laser-beam accurate and the maps are tiny. (Don't give me that nonsense about how the maps are bigger, if you include the silly "Protected Zones" the maps are actually TINY) and it all adds together to produce a very un-RO'ish experience. Gone are the large battles and firefights which produced a feeling of satisfaction (even if you lost). Oh yeah, and don't even get me started on balance. This is hands-down the most unbalanced MP FPS I've ever played.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just think its too early in the games development for polls like, i cant say at this moment that im either definitively happy or unhappy.

Bigger DH style maps, more vehicles, support weapons, tweaked lockdown and some realism tweaks could make the game a great and surpass ROOST.

hopefully this will be done in a good way and there wont be anymore unexpected stuff, e.g. flamethrowers with scope :p

Upvote 0
I'm a happy RO vet while there is a few gripes compared to my beloved ro1.Mainly weapon loadouts and too many automatics vs bolts.There is more than enough improvements over the original for me to be happy with the sequel. I was not expecting ro1 with better graphics as a lot of ro1 vets expected.No longer do the soldiers have the endurance of a 400 pound obese guy one of my biggest complaints of ro1.

The core gameplay remains true even tho a lot of the new maps favor faced paced action.With new maps and a few tweaks either official or modded this game has greater potential than ro1 ever had.I have adjusted to the faster ADS(aim down the sights) and have used it to my advantage(while I agree its a tad too fast).Its more about player movement and lack of momentum than fast (ADS). In ro2 you can still be rewarded by being a smart player and thinking tactically.So the smarter player can still outshine the run and gun arcade type just like in ro1.

Many of the old ro1 players are just stubborn to adjust and, if they remember correctly they had to adjust to ro1's gameplay when they first started too(I know I did).Give the game time people is inpatient expecting their vision of RO to be the majority and fixed today!.TWI out of all developers listens to its majority fan base and in time I'm confident they will make the more popular gameplay adjustments.(if not the mods will)

Patients when ro1 was first a mod it was far from polished or even realistic like tanks being destroyed by grenades for example.In time TWI used player input to turn it into the fps we know today ....give them time to do this for ro2.

That's what I've been thinking, isn't it wierd how people will forget the glaring problems RO1 had in order to point out how inferior "wrong" RO2 is. Personally I didn't want RO1 with better graphics or ARMA in WW2, if I wanted those I'd just play those games. I wanted, and quite honestly had found something rather unique and exciting and it's called RO2:HOS. I also find it ironic that so bash COD for being the same thing with better graphics and yet many of the same people wanted exactly the same from RO2. No matter what TWI did, not everyone would be happy with everything, I know I'm not, but you know what? I didn't expect to be either.

Upvote 0
I am not happy it is a bit too fast the stats i don't like, but the sdk will be there soon.

People keep citing the SDK and mods as being the ultimate fix-all for everything. Unfortunately, mods and maps are quite difficult to make for UE3. On top of this, alot of the changes people are asking for are at a map-controlled level. (For example, class limits). No one is going to want to re-download another 3GB worth of modded maps just to limit some classes. Keep in mind, modding is what ruined CoD2 and other such games. If you join a server, you have to sit there for up to 3 hours (I timed it once) downloading custom content for a mod designed to tailor the game to how ONE person thinks it should be played. Because of this, each server has a different mod package you have to download.

TWI did mention they would be implementing server-side controls for class limits but they only mentioned that in one post and never spoke of it again.

Upvote 0
I'm quite happy, bugs notwithstanding (this is a poll/thread about gameplay not bugs, after all).

In terms of gameplay, I feel like RO2 has the soul of a tactical WWII shooter, and is a proper heir to RO1. Almost forgot to mention I loved RO:Ost, but after a long time I started to want a sequel. I liked DH but I had a hard time loving it...by then I was feeling the limitations of RO and the mod could not save me from that feeling. I believe and agree with TWI that RO2 is much closer to the game they would've liked to make back then. That's my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: marx
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
All the missing features, like the cap bar, the loadout menu, and basically everything thats in these videos that are not in game needs to be put back in to make me and probably a lot more people happy. I just love that propaganda-like class selection!

You mean all those things people were crying to get rid of as soon as they saw them?

If you ask me, RO2's gameplay is fine. Some maps need a little tweaking and there's some stuff left over to iron out (like how to handle the rare weapon issue) but overall I can't find anything objectively "wrong" with the game.

What the real problem is, is the community and its poisonous fixation on several arguably small things. This sort of behavior in itself kills games. People get more and more upset about something, and as they continue to whine about it, they drag others into the same cycle. This leads to a list of destructive behaviors, most notably a lack of players in servers and the ever-increasing troll and fanboy wars on the forums.

If people would just grit their teeth for a couple months and give the game a chance instead of having tantrums about things that will inevitably be fixed, RO2 would be far better off right now. It's hard to enjoy the game when so many people just flat out refuse to play until something is fixed.

And that's my two cents.

Upvote 0
Reise,

I think I purchased game a little less than a month ago.
Like many said, after 2 weeks of playing RO2, I got fed up with it.
I find that this pattern does speak some volume to the way the game is headed.
You're right in that it's too early to tell.
But in my viewpoint, why play a game you don't enjoy just because it's loosely related to Red Orchestra?
I need a medium to vent and complain and what better place for it than here?
If no any compromise from the dev team in a month or two, I'm sure people will just give up and move on.
I'd say the vets that do not like RO2 are doing what they can to speak their voice.

Just my perspective.

Reactions: Rumo
Upvote 0
Reise,

I think I purchased game a little less than a month ago.
Like many said, after 2 weeks of playing RO2, I got fed up with it.
I find that this pattern does speak some volume to the way the game is headed.
You're right in that it's too early to tell.
But in my viewpoint, why play a game you don't enjoy just because it's loosely related to Red Orchestra?
I need a medium to vent and complain and what better place for it than here?
If no any compromise from the dev team in a month or two, I'm sure people will just give up and move on.
I'd say the vets that do not like RO2 are doing what they can to speak their voice.

Just my perspective.

Well, it's my opinion that RO2 isn't just "loosely related" to the first games. It offers the gameplay from them, improved with added features and even another game mode.

The issue is that some people are letting temporary grievances ruin the entire experience. In turn, this ends up causing some real problems for others who may not share the same concerns.

In effect, what starts as a personal gripe ends up becoming a real killing blow to the game because of bandwagoning and a snowball effect of dwindling player counts.

And really the only reason I say any of this is because I've seen it happen to several other games. Games which in the end turned out fine with patches and improvements, yet their communities shattered themselves in the process.

Upvote 0
Well, it's my opinion that RO2 isn't just "loosely related" to the first games. It offers the gameplay from them, improved with added features and even another game mode.

The issue is that some people are letting temporary grievances ruin the entire experience. In turn, this ends up causing some real problems for others who may not share the same concerns.

In effect, what starts as a personal gripe ends up becoming a real killing blow to the game because of bandwagoning and a snowball effect of dwindling player counts.

And really the only reason I say any of this is because I've seen it happen to several other games. Games which in the end turned out fine with patches and improvements, yet their communities shattered themselves in the process.

Why couldn't I enjoy the game before I registered on this board then?

What made me feel that something was wrong with the game the first few hours I played it?

Before I ever registered on the forums here.

I got a quite good amount of it answered by other people since I registered on this board and I actually feel better since more people actually share my thoughts. Stripped down radial menu, acrade weapon handling, too much focus on XP, achievements, special powers, lockdown timer, small, restricted crowded maps, people pressing tactical view and rushing for their objective, and in overall gameplay that doesn't have much in common with the orginal game. Sure, at it's core RO2 is awesome, but right now I don't enjoy it.

People simply have their opinions and they're free to express them. That's the reason there is a suggestion part of the forums. Then, if some people jump on any form of bandwagon is hard to tell, but generally, people won't complain unless there is something wrong, especially NOT hardcore fans of any gaming series. If people feel unhappy, they will tell us all, and that's about it. People vote with their voice.

Upvote 0