• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamecrash As Soon as I Spawn in a Custom Map

Verify your game files in Steam, delete your Killing Floor 2 folder in Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\ (or rename this folder to keep a backup of it, it contains all the cache and config files). See if that help. Seems more like your computer is dying than a problem with the game but that doesn't hurt to start fresher than you are currently.

Upvote 0
Ho MY BAD. Wrong forum, still, you can correct my post and change folder name by the proper one obviously, folder is \Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2
so:

Verify your game files in Steam (right click on game in Steam, click properties, local files, then VERIFY INTEGRITY), and delete your Rising Storm 2 folder in Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2 (or rename this folder to keep a backup of it, it contains all the cache and config files). See if that help. Seems more like your computer is dying than a problem with the game but that doesn't hurt to start fresher than you are currently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK when you'll make sentences and put a little effort (like the minimum explanation of what you do, have done, will do, and so on..), I may continue to try to help.
I'm bored now with people who can't write at least a full sentence correctly, or better, a few sentences, to explain things.

FFS look at your replies, then look at mine. THE **** you can't even have one proper sentence that will help you progress on the problem resolution. You don't even put the effort to help yourself so no thanks, will not waste more of my time, if you can't write.

PS: this is not a bug report, this is a support thread. Obviously the game does not crash on custom content, and does not crash when loading any map with an error message about some DLL from game files....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the error message you posted, the error appears to be related to a specific dll file. Can you confirm that the version of the PhysXCore64.dll is 2.8.4.1?

Find the file by:
right-clicking the game name in your Steam library.
Select "properties".
Click on the tab called "local files".
Select "browse local files".
browse to the folder Win64, inside of the Binaries folder (inside RisingStorm2).
Find the file called PhysXCore64.dll
Right click the file and select properties
click the tab for details
Confirm the product version number and date modified

Upvote 0