• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamecloud Interviews Tripwire President John Gibson

We think it’s a feature you’ll likely see copied in other tactical shooters in the future much like 3d ironsights were when our team introduced them.
nice, but infiltration (unreal1 /UT1 mod) had better (free floating with functional sway and recoil) 3d ironsights long befor RO was even started.

other then that i cant wait to try it out. (but will there be a demo? i'm not to fond of steam or sending money ect so i wana know if its worth it befor i do)

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
nice, but infiltration (unreal1 /UT1 mod) had better (free floating with functional sway and recoil) 3d ironsights long befor RO was even started.

other then that i cant wait to try it out. (but will there be a demo? i'm not to fond of steam or sending money ect so i wana know if its worth it befor i do)

It would rock if they released a demo and then pout it up on steam for free. That way people could try it out first and if they liked it buy it on steam and play it all they wan't. I also like that there is going to be 13 maps. The ones in the screens look great and they finaly have lots of grass and under brush to hide in.

It's going to be interesting to play on these open field maps with all the grass cause now we will be able to hide from machine guns and crawl up to them like real soldiers did alot in WW2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The_Countess said:

"Better" is a relative term. I always thought Infiltration had a lot of nice ideas, but I could never really enjoy playing it. While thier ironsight system was certainly more difficult to use, I never found it very realistic or "better". Its one of those games that made things MORE difficult than real life in the name of realism, and I was never a fan of games doing that. Anyway I also responded to this in another post here:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100&page=5&highlight=Infiltration

Piron said:
Originally Posted by [RO]Ramm-Jaeger
Actually the first game I know of that had 3d iron sights was the D-Day mod for Quake II (which even pre-dates DOD). One of the original RO team members was on that team. Then infiltration had them, then The Third Reich Mod for UT99 (which many RO team members were a part of including myself). There may even be some mod that pre-dates D-Day that had them (although I don't know of one). The main point was that we had 3d sights before any of the big boys did, and now they all have them. Plus you can trace the lineage of 3d ironsights all the way back to thier inception with RO Team members

Thank you. Finally someone who tells the truth. It was a Quake2 mod (www.planetquake.com/dday) who introduced iron sights (It was called true sights by the way). And indeed it was [RO]Abaris who was our team leader of that in many ways revolutionary mod. The mod became stand alone, like RO, for free, unlike RO . It is still played and developed by a few people, certainly worth a try

Upvote 0
well i played the game competativly for years (my clan came from Infiltration, thats where the name INForcers comes from) and i dont see the more difficult part actualy, up to 2.8x i was really good with them.
and their iron sight system is the same as yours except free floating.
it takes more time to get good with them and it certenly takes more training to get the sights to appear exectly where you want them every time you pull them up (something i find excessivly eazy in RO cause of the fix location, i rarely need any final adjustments for stationary targets)
but to say more difficult... no.
for all inf's faults their iron sight system wasnt one of them.

Upvote 0