• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamecloud Interviews Tripwire President John Gibson

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
With news of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 just out the door, Gamecloud has posted to its website an interview it recently held with Tripwire Interactive president John Gibson. Answering several questions about the upcoming game, this is an article you can't afford to miss.

Gamecloud - What will some of the new levels be like?

John Gibson - We have tried to strike a balance between infantry, combined vehicle and infantry, and vehicle centric maps. One thing we learned during the mod's development is that Red Orchestra fans are a diverse bunch. Some of them really like infantry combat, some of them like tank on tank engagements, and other like it all. So for the retail version, we feel we have some really great maps to please fans of all three styles.

This is a gold mine of information for long time RO fans and newcomers alike. And everybody will enjoy the new media.

Great review and lovely images. I really can't wait for this as the list of improvements are awesome. Leaning, dive to prone, sprint from crouch, weapon resting and stabilisation and the daddy of them all, a Tiger Tank :)

WTG Tripwire and hey, I might even have a rig worthy of playing it on by then. I hope you will do a couple packaged updates with new content, hell if the content is extensive enough you could charge a small fee.

The end quote was great, RO does makes you feel like you're in a war compared to the other games. Also being steam based you will not go the route of the Il2 series which got dumbed down for the masses. Waiting anxiously :D

Upvote 0
"Other games try and make you feel like you’re in a war movie, Red Orchestra will make you feel like you’re in a war."

Awesome quote.

Im ridiculously excited for this. The lighting on those two germans in the field looks absolutely incredible. Good thing the current version is amazing because I wouldnt be able to wait til January.

Last edited:
Upvote 0