• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Game wont start (Linux)

jo3fis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2013
Hi

I have a fully updated Ubuntu Gnome 17.04, specs below.

Core i5 750
8GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 580 3GB
Gigabyte GA-P55A Mobo
Nvidia Proprietary Driver 378.13

Installed Dwarfs!? and attempted to run and steam tells me it is running but nothing was displayed (I have to manually kill the Dwarfs_Bundle.exe. I discovered after running it from the command line it was failing due to a missing library i.e. libtier0_s.so.

So I copied the file from ".local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32" into the appriate directory "/lib/i386-linux-gnu". Now I am sure that after fixing this library I got the game to run once but then I closed it to finish doing the missing libraries on my system as per below.

I determined missing libraries using I ran the following command --> "ldd ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamclient.so" that I was missing that library and a few more.

libudev0:i386, libnm-glib4:i386, libdbus-glib-1-2:i386.

However after installing these the game would no longer run and that puzzled me so I removed all of them and started from the beginning by copying the libtier file from the steam directory. This time it failed on the remaining libraries which I am sure it didn't the first time.

Now when I run the game I get the following attached output.

If anyone could help that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• output.txt
    4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: