• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Game type scheduling

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
TWI this is a really good idea.
And you know I have come up with some of the best admin ideas for RO in the past.

Idea - A way for server owners to automate a game type and map list schedule based on their community's expectations.

A simple example
9am to 7.30pm – map voting on map list 1
7.31pm Campaign.
When it ends, back to voting map list 1.

For my crew at Aussie NZ Good Gamers that would be awesome.
Rationing campaign and making it a special event is critical – yeah it can be done manually but why not automate it?

Campaign became ritual for non-regular RO Australian players during the mid-later stages of RO2 because it was only offered on Sunday evenings. I know this for a fact as I pay the server bills and monitor activity and it had next to no players during the week but a spike on Friday and Saturday and a massive big spike for Sunday's campaign back then.

I will be reverting to a similar schedule pretty soon in Australia as I feel the Campaign concept quickly loses value when overplayed.

It would be great to get something automated and I am sure other server operators would benefit.

NB - Australia is different, we don't have populated RO servers 24/7 as we are very busy riding our kangaroo down main street and drinking Fosters beer, as you all know.

NB2 – We really don't drink Fosters beer. We export it to places like America or use it to clear drains blocked with koala fur. Nothing like a deep-fried marsupial.