• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game speed: Too Fast - Unplayable [Solved]

Still doesn't make sense on an online server where it is not your game but the server that controls everything.
Well, these servers rely on a tickrate as Kittenmittens mentioned. This tickrate determines how much the game refreshes your input and sends it to the server. I guess playing the game with vsync off would send corrupt data (Unstable Tickrate, higher than the actual maybe?) to the servers causing them to have corrupted input or something. And the server would be respond with quicker zed movements.
And regarding the single player, the game engine would be the culprit as it's speeding up the game unnecessarily

Upvote 0
The tickrate that counts there is the server's one. Unless I don't understand how that works, but maybe a dev can share some input. You said you didn't change your client tickrate too so..?
Actually the tickrate in this game is 30, which is half of what the engine is capable of as I read from users. 30 is a pretty low number and is barely enough to send input.
So, I think if you're having these speed issues on solo then the servers might get the wrong information about you. Then it would try to adapt to your speed issues.
I've played some waves where all the players were fighting the boss and I was consistently getting surrounded by zeds left and right that I barely survived (something similar to what you see in the infernal realm video).
Not to mention that if I stand near to a corner for 1 or 2 seconds a large horde of enemies show up just from nowhere (As if the game is punishing me for standing too long)

Upvote 0
Many game engines run quicker than they should be because vsync is not enabled (Fallout 4 is an example). Zeds' movement speeds are higher than they should because of that
I didn't think that kf2 would be one of them but it is
Games of the early 90's and before were locked to CPU clockspeed, that's all I can think of. Enabling vertical sync will not affect game engine speed, what it does is limit frame rate. A GPU will by default produce as many frames as possible - sometimes causing stutter and tearing if the amount of frames exceed the screen's refresh rate. This causes illusions to the viewer.

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0
OK. I finally found the fix without going to Nvidia Control Panel. The problem seems to be related to the fps in the game. The game was originally intended to be played at 62 fps (with the bSmoothFrameRate option as true). Now we're going to use that option but we're going to change the maximum fps from 62 into whatever we want (165 fps because I have a 165 Hz monitor in my case).
Set:
  • bSmoothFrameRate=True
  • MaxsmoothedFrameRate=165.000000
  • MinsmoothedFrameRate=130.000000
Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFGame.ini
1701443708586.png
When in game, make sure you have the option Variable Frame Rate Off like this:
1701443631704.png
and enjoy!

Upvote 0