• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Game of Thrones

I kind of agree, because plot armour is awful. But the good characters seem to have developed some anti-plot armour.

It's not really rewarding in any way to see the characters the story aligns with good always getting killed or failing. The fact that none of the bad characters (of which there are many) are always quite plainly in the ascendancy is beggining to grind.

I wouldn't quite call Stannis good either, though he is certainly a damn side better than Geoffrey.

There are good guys?

I figure there are jerks and the naive in this. It's interesting, that unlike classical fantasy / story-telling, evil deeds seem to go unpunished. This tends to throw audiences off.

I just hope it has a good ending. Martin himself is worried he'd "Pull a Lost."

Upvote 0
There are good guys?

I figure there are jerks and the naive in this. It's interesting, that unlike classical fantasy / story-telling, evil deeds seem to go unpunished. This tends to throw audiences off.

Well yes. Of course there are...however many shades of grey you might see the characters are obviously aligned.
For example.
Tyrian Lannister - Neutral-Bad (Self interested, intelligent political outcast)
Jamie Lannister - Bad (incestuous, attempted to murder Bran Stark, father of Joffrey)
Cersei Lannister - Bad (incestuous, complicit in attempted murder of Bran Stark, mother of Joffrey)
Joffrey Baratheon - Bad (creepy, twisted, cruel, inbred, had Ned Stark killed)
Daenerys Targaryen - Good (Honourable, kind to slaves)
Jon Snow - Good (Strong sense of justice, honourable)
Robb Stark - Good (Rightly seeks to avenge his father, opposed the Lannisters)

As far as I'm concerned anyway...

Upvote 0
Daenerys and Tyrion's plot armour could rival an IS-2.

Well, there are some characters that do survive until the end of book 5, but that doesn't neccessarily mean they actually do have plot armor. Anyone can die at any moment, so I for one wouldn't be surprised to see the lives of one or both of them come to an end before the story's finished.

Tyrian Lannister - Neutral-Bad (Self interested, intelligent political outcast)
Jamie Lannister - Bad (incestuous, attempted to murder Bran Stark, father of Joffrey)

Spoiler!

Cersei Lannister - Bad (incestuous, complicit in attempted murder of Bran Stark, mother of Joffrey)
That's true, Cersei is very selfish and power hungry, and Joffrey is a dangerous, deprived spoiled little brat.

Jon Snow - Good (Strong sense of justice, honourable)
Robb Stark - Good (Rightly seeks to avenge his father, opposed the Lannisters)

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, there are some characters that do survive until the end of book 5, but that doesn't neccessarily mean they actually do have plot armor. Anyone can die at any moment, so I for one wouldn't be surprised to see the lives of one or both of them come to an end before the story's finished.

Tyrion isn't that bad but it's obvious he's the self-insert of the author. He might die eventually, if only to 'shock' the readers/viewers, but still, he has survived the silliest situations and all of his schemes work.

Don't get me started on Daenerys. If her 'conquest' of Astapor isn't plot armour then I don't know what is.

Upvote 0
Well, Daenerys is also inbred. Her father Aerys was married to his own sister. The Targaryens wed brothers and sisters for 300 years, that's why there were so many mad men among them, like Aerys and Viserys. Daenerys has a slightly mad side, that is let out when she is angry.

Upvote 0
If you say this still after Book 5, good for you.

h24984025

Upvote 0
Necroing the thread for the new season.

Spoilers from 4x02:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was not prepared for the Mountain and the Red Viper's fight.

I assume anyone reading this thread is watching the series so I won't mark things that happened as spoilers.

This episode shocked me much more than the Red Wedding, probably because unlike the Starks I actually liked this guy. The worst part is that Tyrion asked him to at least wear a helmet.

Dang that smile on Cersei's face, she deserves the worst, but then I would be pissed if she died, because the series would lose a great asset, just like when Joffrey died.

Upvote 0