• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Game of Thrones

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Ya it is.

BTW can a book reader explain the Daenerys part to me please? I don't get it, they go in through the backdoor or whatever, get surrounded, kill everybody, then an even bigger group of bad guys surround them, then the show cuts to something else and next thing you know they're back at camp and have taken the city?? What did I miss?

Upvote 0
Ya it is.

BTW can a book reader explain the Daenerys part to me please? I don't get it, they go in through the backdoor or whatever, get surrounded, kill everybody, then an even bigger group of bad guys surround them, then the show cuts to something else and next thing you know they're back at camp and have taken the city?? What did I miss?
The slave guards decided to join them instead of fight them, I guess.

Also..

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
BTW, I really liked how the series drove home the significance of the song "the Raynes of Castamere. I found it quite bonechilling when the song was played at the red wedding.

And to spoil a little:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All that seems to happen so far in the show is that you become attached to the good characters, and they get killed off and/or the bad guys win.
At the end of series 1, Ned Stark got executed, at the end of series 2 Stannis' fleet is destroyed, and at the end of series 3 Rob Stark et al get culled.

So basically - aside from Daenerys Targaryen (currently doing a Paul Atreides sort of thing) somewhere else and a few interesting minor characters/story arcs I'm not really enjoying it as much as I was.

Upvote 0
I am reminded of these quotes from the brilliant "Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" (Tom Stoppard)

Generally speaking, things have gone about as far as they can possibly go when things have got about as bad as they reasonably get.

We're tragedians, you see. We follow directions-there is no choice involved. The bad end unhappily, the good unluckily. That is what tragedy means.

Upvote 0
I actually think that the "anyone can die" is actually the appeal. Noone has plot-armor in the series.
Also, I wouldn't go so far as counting Stannis amongst the good guys.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually think that the "anyone can die" is actually the appeal. Noone has plot-armor in the series.
Also, I wouldn't go so far as counting Stannis amongst the good guys.

I kind of agree, because plot armour is awful. But the good characters seem to have developed some anti-plot armour.

It's not really rewarding in any way to see the characters the story aligns with good always getting killed or failing. The fact that none of the bad characters (of which there are many) are always quite plainly in the ascendancy is beggining to grind.

I wouldn't quite call Stannis good either, though he is certainly a damn side better than Geoffrey.

Upvote 0
Yeah, rewatching the 2nd season with a couple of friends who haven't seen it yet, and they still think Theon is one of the good guys ...

So does anyone want to explain the Jon Snow scene?

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Upvote 0